Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

Questions about brakes

Best answers
Reaction score
Are there any big differences between oem or high price brake pads and cheap brake pads, my mechanic changed the pads last years summer i dont know which brand he put , and i have some problems with brakes lately, i was driving with my 3 friends on highway and there are no loads at all, while driving 120 kmh , 130 kmh i pressed the brake pedal and it was not efficient like im driving alone, and car was shaking , i know car is heavier but this problem never happened to me before with 3 passengers plus loaded trunk,

1,4 44Kw astra sedan front disc, rear drumbrake

Yes and no. It's down to what they are made of. Could be that your brakes are warped hence the vibration. Also could be wearing wrong as slide pins are sticking. I'd get them checked out.

There is definatly a big difference between expensive and cheap brakes, I remember having some one my clio 172 and they were like standing on a brick, they wouldn't slow the car down at all! wobbling sounds like warped discs possible, like kev said, if your mechanically a bit savy, check them out and see if they are seized

Users who are viewing this thread

Back