Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

Z16SE Camshaft options and direct crankshaft swaps?

Best answers
Reaction score
Heyo!

I have a 2002 Astra G Hatch that I am using a toy/**** box for learning small car fun. I am very used to trucks, and this is my first car of this size.

In the future, I will swap a newer C20 turbo motor and tranny kit, but not right now.

What I am looking for is options for replacing the cam on this little guy. Every time I Google sport cams, I find that the easily found items are specifically not for the Z16SE. Why is that?

Also, are any drop-in crankshafts from other motors that will provide a stroker? My motor needs a freshen-up on the rings (I have blow-by), and it would be a decent time to swap the crank if there were units available for doing a stroker (I am not looking to buy a custom one-off job).

Yes, I am new. Yes, I searched the forums already (admittedly, not very well)

Dave

hi buddy, the forum is actually for the astra before your shape, the astra F/mk3. your 2002 is for mk4.

I'm not hot on the z16se if I am honest, but take my advise, your pissing in the wind a bit trying to do something to an engine like that. If i was you, I would save your money and start to invest in your new engine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back