Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

1.7 rolling coal?

Best answers
Reaction score
Hi there, I've just bought a MK3 Astra as a daily whilst my BMW goes off for works for show season. Is there anyway of getting it to roll coal? Thanks in advance :bounce:

Depends what motor you have fitted.

The GM diesel below is regarded to be not very tuneable (they have an alleged tendency of going pop if fiddled with. :noidea:)

IMG_8483.jpg

If you’re lucky enough to have the Isuzu lump in the car, then you’re golden. These can be made to roll coal with a couple of easy mods.

astra144.jpg

Depends what motor you have fitted.

The GM diesel below is regarded to be not very tuneable (they have an alleged tendency of going pop if fiddled with. :noidea:)

View attachment 20453

If you’re lucky enough to have the Isuzu lump in the car, then you’re golden. These can be made to roll coal with a couple of easy mods.

View attachment 20454

Thanks for the fast reply mate, I'm fortunate enough to be blessed with the Isuzu engine :biggrin:

if thats the case then crank it up! There is an anti-tamper cover you need to remove on the fuel pump and then you can turn it up like this-

You can also then crank up the boost, I used a plastic 99p bubble regulator as a bleed off valve and was boosting 20-25psi for about a year without the engine blowing up :)

if thats the case then crank it up! There is an anti-tamper cover you need to remove on the fuel pump and then you can turn it up like this-

I may have jumped the gun unfortunately. It appears I have the GM engine :Cry: am I still able to get the same results? I'm not overly fussed about tuning the engine for power as I just daily this. But I would love for the same results as above!:lol:

I may have jumped the gun unfortunately. It appears I have the GM engine :Cry: am I still able to get the same results? I'm not overly fussed about tuning the engine for power as I just daily this. But I would love for the same results as above!:lol:

I wouldn't risk it. I would strongly advise in leaving it alone as mentioned above. My above is a Isuzu, I've never tried with the GM but there have been plenty of people who have and have ended up with a broken car.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back