• Welcome to the MK3OC Classifieds section:

Please take some time to read the rules found here: Rules and Guidance.

- If you are a trader, then please Contact Us.
    - Any other queries then you can get assistance in the HelpDesk.

Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

1.7 turbo diesel for sale

Not to **** on ones chips, but they'll pull that for being in the wrong category, I know I tried it when I sold my Astra :lol:

Hi astranaut, they'll only pull it if someone reports it if attention isn't brought to it as such they should have no reason to look at it but from the contact I've had today from another site its on there's a possibility that tomorrow will see it sold but we'll see how it goes and what happens.

Good luck Cuda, it's a decent car at a very fair price. The only thing I'll say about listing it in car parts is that if someone bids and wins, you might get stung for more fees on ebay than you would if you'd listed it in the right category!
Hope you sell it out of ebay, to the right person. I'd love to take it on, but 'no room at the inn' :( God speed!

Thanks Ron I'm hoping it goes out of eBay as well and the sooner the better now as it's taking up somebody else's parking space a guy and his wife have just been to look at her but havent bought as she's got little short legs and the seat doesn't go forward enough for her to reach the pedals she was gutted coz other than that she liked the car there's another couple bringing their daughter over now to have a look .. fingers crossed an all that.

:lol: Yeah that crossed my mind earlier .. in fact I even suggested it to one of em but it fell on deaf ears Ron :lol: to be honest though I'm not sure it was just that that she didnt like I think she wanted something a bit newer and just came to have a look to please daddy who would of been potentially paying for it. This is one of the things the wife has never liked about it as well in that the drivers seat only goes so far forward BUT her dad got in the back told her to release the catch and he gave it a good old shove and it actually moved forward a good 3 inches so it must have something wrong with one of the runners as she said it felt like something was jamming up the left side near the handbrake, farthest forward it's been in the whole time of owning it :doh:

Last edited:
:lol: Must just have a bad runner it's funny though because the passenger seat stops at the exact same point as well so I just thought it was right but after he pushed it from the back it moved forward at least another 3 inches :hmmm: something I just never thought to try, just had a guy contact me from the Gumtree listing and he's coming over tomorrow dinner time to view so let's see what happens.

Be honest with me here am I asking too much for this car at £450 because so far including today all I'm getting apart from the 2 young ladies the other day are no shows when they say they are coming or stupid offers of £300 sight unseen and these people have been told where to go, I dont think I'm asking over the odds ... am I ?

I don't believe your asking to much people just want something for nothing and only look at the car as just old instead of good clean and looked after

Yeah that's what I thought, well as of 5 minutes ago she's now sold I've just took a deposit on her and he's coming back with the rest tomorrow ... turns out he's got the same engine in his BOAT :lol: he knows the model he's had Vauxhalls before and seems happy with it so that's that then ......... :Cry:

Well played! It wasn't too expensive at all, it's a usable car in great condition with a diesel engine that will go on forever- people are starting to appreciate cars like this after their modern diesel costs them yet another £1k in repairs!

Don't believe this took a deposit of £100 on the car last night guy was coming later today to finalise sale and take home and he's JUST phoned up saying his insurance quote is £800 .... RUBBISH, if his license is clean as he says it is it should be nowhere near that amount in fact it should be under half that so now still for sale :mad:

Hi Vaux yeah you never know he just might I did mention the site when talking to him and say how helpful you have all been on here in aiding me getting the car to where she is now so he just might at that oh and don't worry I wont be going anywhere now the Astra has sold ... you wont be gettin rid of me that easy .. watch out fer the avatar changing though :hmmm: then again I may just keep it ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back