Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

13 years ago today (5th jan 2005)

It's impressive how twisted it is, but how intact the passenger compartment is, did you walk away unharmed Rick?

It's impressive how twisted it is, but how intact the passenger compartment is, did you walk away unharmed Rick?

I had a small scratch on my thumb, that was it. Airbag deployed but i never touched it the seatbelt tensioners in mk3's really do there job.

The "what ifs" are the thing that scared me most afterwards, see the large circle crack on the passenger side of the windscreen, that was the 6x9 coming loose out of the parcel shelf at the passenger side and hitting the windscreen. If it had been the drivers side it wouldve cracked me right in the back of the head

Really wet road, remould tyres, driving way too fast, sharp bend, brick wall, ditch, licence gone.

Thats the abbrviated version of the story

Wow shite that's a big lesson learnt mate and I agree, the "what if's" definitely start to make you think deep but at least you are still hear mate

11 points for dinging your own car... man, that was harsh :o
Glad you weren't injured, the trouble is as we get older, we damage easier :(

11 points for dinging your own car... man, that was harsh :o
Glad you weren't injured, the trouble is as we get older, we damage easier :(

Yup they threw the book at me, would've gotten less if i had been uninsured with no mot and no licence but i was all legal and got made an example out of

He was a young guy with a modified car, comes with the territory.

yea but that was still MEGA extreme, i have heard of people having short bans around here but don't loose their licence etc

I agree. You’d think having just wrecked your car and possibly nearly died, the old bill would be a little more sympathetic.

I guess you could count it as a blessing in disguise though. I’m sure the shock of losing your car (nearly your life as well) AND your license would make anyone think twice before driving like that again.
If it was just a slap on the wrist it could of happened again, but with a much worse outcome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back