Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

18's or 19's?

Best answers
Reaction score
Hi all.

Simple on really, will a mk3 Astra with the Infinity II wide arch kit cope with 19" wheels, if so what width, pcd, etc would be required. And will it ok for driving with 200bhp under the bonnet?

Cheers Chris

Ooo. 18"s I think. 19"s will just handle silly.

If you're not on a super-tight budget, get some wider-than-standard wheels ... split rims maybe?

19's will go under standard arches with a lot of bashing!

If you fit the wide arches and trim away a load of the metal, get a stud conversion (like £8 per stud from Demon Tweeks...) - you can safely for for a lower ET - such as a 32, this will fill out the arches properly - and allow more clearance on suspension etc.

As for width - try to stick to a 7" if you can - possibly go up to 8" with the ET32, but it wouldn't handle, at all!

Personally, i'd go for 18's and deck it :)

Grown rather attached to the GT Star 19's that Vauxhall sell through irmscher. If not was going to get the 18's they have put on the new Astra VXR. Thought that might work.

to fill the infinity II arches with 17" wheels, you need .......

245/40/17 on the rear
offset - ET13

215/40/17 on the front
offset ET 15

as seen on this ......

blueastra2net2cz.jpg
[/IMG]
blueastra8net2wd.jpg
[/IMG]

bloody hell those have got some girth! Defently gonna have at least 18's on mine. Have to see what width the Astra VXR wheel are.

I may have the 18" Compomotives on mine but believe me Chris, that wasnt by choice. At the time, Compomotive only made that wheel design in 18", less then two weeks after taking delivery thay announced 17" sizes which I would have much rather gone for. Makes for a more comfortable ride and less "tram lining".

As im Track daying my astra next year the tyre size is unimportant (smooth track surfice you see) but watch me on the road crawling through beaten up roads at 5mph, lol, whats the point of 400+bhp at 5mph i ask you? lol

Anyway, knowing you it will be a set of "Westwood DOGGGG 22" Chrome spinners, DROP DA BOMB!!!!"

Dave BB said:
I may have the 18" Compomotives on mine but believe me Chris, that wasnt by choice. At the time, Compomotive only made that wheel design in 18", less then two weeks after taking delivery thay announced 17" sizes which I would have much rather gone for. Makes for a more comfortable ride and less "tram lining".

As im Track daying my astra next year the tyre size is unimportant (smooth track surfice you see) but watch me on the road crawling through beaten up roads at 5mph, lol, whats the point of 400+bhp at 5mph i ask you? lol

I see, so 17's may still be somthing to consider. To be honest i'm really liking the AZEV's on the blue Astra above, thing ultra wide 17's with the wide arch kit.

Dave BB said:
Anyway, knowing you it will be a set of "Westwood DOGGGG 22" Chrome spinners, DROP DA BOMB!!!!"

Bling bling baby, yeah!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back