• Welcome to the MK3OC Classifieds section:

Please take some time to read the rules found here: Rules and Guidance.

- If you are a trader, then please Contact Us.
    - Any other queries then you can get assistance in the HelpDesk.

Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

1996 Vauxhall Astra 1.4 8v Expression in Green - £100

Reaction score
Don't want to scrap this one as I know they are getting thinner on the ground, would rather someone take it on to save or break up properly so that other Astra owners can benefit, but it came my way and any bits I needed for my 3.0 V6 Astra, i've now got.

So, its quite low mileage, less than 80K. It was owned as a pool car for a place that fixes 4x4's and other stuff, they'd use the Astra to transport and pick up people to MOT's, benefit being they could leave it at the MOT test station if necessary as who is going to steal it?

Well, someone decided the catalytic converter was worth something, so that was stolen, which meant the Astra was undriveable, and rather than get it fixed, they called me and I got the car along with 2 others they wanted shot of. They'd had the Astra over 7 years it was that reliable.

I've bodged in a decat pipe for it, but it turns out that wasn't where the loud noise was coming from, someone has driven it around the yard and knocked the downpipe and bent it which is where the noise is now coming from, my crappy decat is actually much quieter.

Its a 1.4 8v, starts on the button. Bodywork could do with a clean, but for its age, its not bad.

Sun visors are broken, rear number plate light is missing.

Given a clean inside and out, its not terrible, it could be worth someones time to sort it all out, or, its a wealth of spares for other Astras.

Its located in a place called Radstock, 5 miles south of Bath, 15 miles South East of Bristol.

£100 is firm, it won't go for less, otherwise i'll just offer it to banger racers which is obviously a sad end for it, but I wasn't given the car for nothing.

Will try and get up pictures if that is in any way likely to secure it going sooner.

Has key and logbook, if new owner wants to drive it away (albeit noisely) i'm happy to leave the battery on it.

If you're not a massive distance away, it could be delivered cheaply.

Reaction score
Alas there was no interest from anyone on here, so its been bought by a banger racer.

C'est la vie

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)