1998 1.6 arctic

Reaction score
this is my bargain mk3 5 door, it was originally bought as a stop gap car when my van shat itself, I drove it for a couple of months before replacing it with a mk5 diesel astra.

I was gonna break it and removed/sold the engine, that was 4 months ago and the rolling shell has just sat on my driveway since. ive been toying with keeping it, getting shot, keeping it etc... so it now stays and will be saved lol

plans are to carry on stripping it back then rebuild with new/refurbed parts, bolts etc

engine wise im going down the z20let route, I know this isn't the easiest of conversions but I want something different and isn't as common as the clet/b204 conversions

anyway, pictures from when I got it up until the engine was removed and cleaned the engine bay, still a long way to go and a few parts to source

Reaction score
straightened the front end a bit along with a replacement bumper, headlight, foglights and a temp drivers seat

Reaction score
next up was to try and get the millions of pine needles out from every nook and cranny (still gotta do the roof gutter covers)

then it was out with the engine, I stripped all the ancillaries off and separated it from the gearbox and removed it out the top without a hoist (back ached for a while after lol)
then removed the gearbox ready to start cleaning the engine bay

Reaction score
then removed the bulkhead sound deadening, degreased and jetwashed the engine bay and reated the rusty bits to some krust,

next up ill continue to remove everything from the engine bay and prep for paint

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)