Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

2.5 v6 conversion

Best answers
Reaction score
right, ive been lookin into this with plenty of insurance companys and have found that it to be cheaper than i thought to insure my estate with the 2.5 v6, only problem is if im to spend money on an engine, which should i go for, the c25xe or the x25xe and what parts would i need for a complete conversion, i have heard one of these engines foul the bonnet with the injection system but cant seem to find much on it, what gearbox would people reccomend using with this engine and is there any pics and other info on a total conversion anywhere so i can see how much work is involved

hopefully with the help on here from you guys i might be goin back to college and doin a mechanics course so i will be able to do the conversion as my course project (gotta sort a new temp drive tho)

any help will be gratefully recieved

first advise is do a search as theres been alot of these done of recent thats the best way to learn about the conversions

searchlk5.gif

also speak to scooby hes the grand V6 swapper

hi mate, dont know where you heard that the v6 fouls the bonnet? ive fitted both types into several astras,corsas etc etc and they dont foul.
as for bits required, if your car doesnt have an immobiliser from standard i.e a chip in the key then id go for c25xe to save you wireing the transponder up.
you will require the engine with loom and ecu, i recomend a f28 or f20 gearbox using a c20xe flat flywheel and clutch (for f28 you will require a f28 clutch plate)
if going with one of the boxes above you will require longer bolts for drivers side mount and also a driveshaft spacer if using the equal length shafts. (i supply these and sell them on ebay)
other than that its a very straight forward conversion.

one more thing, you said somethin about the immobiliser, im not sure if i have one or not cos the key i use has a lil red bit on the back of the key where a chip would go, but, on my spare key dont have this red bit, but can still start the car, even without my main key anywhere near the car

Users who are viewing this thread

Back