Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

3.0 saab lump

Reaction score
right i know saab has gm engine but would it be possible to drop the 3.0 v6 in the astra... i got big dreams for it but i wanna know if its possible and prehaps borow all your know how b4 attempting it i was thinkin the 900s v6??? if it is then is there much that needs changin eg:mount possition and would the f28 box fit on it coz the only 1s i can find are autos

Reaction score
yeh i did this for a mate recently, i used all the ancilleries,inlet, ecu etc etc from cav v6 c25xe. its just the same as when u use a omega 3.0 engine basically.

Reaction score
Near Wellingborough, Northants.. any MK3 owners ne
Generally there is a power difference between the two types of engines. I've got a Z20NET from a Signum going in, and thats derived from the Saab 2ltr Turbo, but the power diffence is about 40bhp. Only way you'll find out about the power is a bit of research online. As for looms, no idea bud, but good luck if you go ahead with it.

Reaction score
loom is different,900 never had a 3l only 9000.the engine is the same as a vaux in a 9000 but the inlet set up is different,

y do you want a saab v6 thats the same as a vauxhall?y not use a vauxhall v6 to which the loom will just plug in?i just cant see why you would dreamn of this conversion of which the engine came from a vauxhall in the first place?

Reaction score
loom is different,900 never had a 3l only 9000.the engine is the same as a vaux in a 9000 but the inlet set up is different,

y do you want a saab v6 thats the same as a vauxhall?y not use a vauxhall v6 to which the loom will just plug in?i just cant see why you would dreamn of this conversion of which the engine came from a vauxhall in the first place?
because i want sommet different and i havent seen a 3ltr vauxhall

Reaction score

hang on uv got a saab powered astra van ???????? y u choose that

Reaction score

hang on uv got a saab powered astra van ???????? y u choose that
I think what deek is trying to say is that the 3.0 v6 is vauxhalls engine used by saab so all you would be doing by using one out of a saab is to cause you self hassle trying to wire the saab loom in when it is much easyer just to get one out of a vaux..

Deek has fitted a saab 2.3 turbo lump in his van and a nice job it is too so if your still dead set on doing this why not use the saab 3.0 v6 turbo lump?, this would be something different which i have thought about doing myself but i aint got the time , money or the wiring knolege to do it at the moment..

Ian

Reaction score
because i want sommet different and i havent seen a 3ltr vauxhall
omega, vectra think cavalier and cally too?

unless your going for the 3.0 turbo i dont see the point, thats why i was asking if it had more power

Reaction score
the point of me putting a saab turbo in is i work for saab i have many of them iand i know them better then i know a vaux engine.

the point im trying to make is, the v6 saab engine is a vauxhall engine in the first place not a ssab engine,only a 9000 had a 3l aprt from the 95 3.0 turbo engine,so if you use that u will need all the bits from a vaux engine to make it fit,then uv got to **** about with the wrirng and ull prob end up using a vauxhall loom anyway,as most put all the bits from 2.5 on to run in a astra,so y not just use a vaux egine which is the same anyway bar looms from the start?and if you want to make it look different y not just stick the saab engine cover and say its a saab engine?lot less hassel same result

Reaction score
the point of me putting a saab turbo in is i work for saab i have many of them iand i know them better then i know a vaux engine.

the point im trying to make is, the v6 saab engine is a vauxhall engine in the first place not a ssab engine,only a 9000 had a 3l aprt from the 95 3.0 turbo engine,so if you use that u will need all the bits from a vaux engine to make it fit,then uv got to **** about with the wrirng and ull prob end up using a vauxhall loom anyway,as most put all the bits from 2.5 on to run in a astra,so y not just use a vaux egine which is the same anyway bar looms from the start?and if you want to make it look different y not just stick the saab engine cover and say its a saab engine?lot less hassel same result
furymuff

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)