Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

3dr atlas build

sounds like you have been busy mate! The black dash is so much nicer haha
Been fairly busy! Just need to refit the glove box and that tray under it, would also help if I posted the pics too lolEC7967F0-D170-4984-AF8F-199BD7F13B47.jpegand it’s only now I’ve realised I only took one pic oops, probs gonna finish off the dash once I’ve fitted the new sills, only really had the dash out to change the ecu and a few bits but just had to throw in the black one, miles better! Airbag dash too which I never even noticed while it was in my old astra. Below is my old saloon I busted for parts, never even had it on the road, just was severely rotten, did save as many parts I could, putting the seats in aswell at some point, and whatever bits I can use on the hatch, stuck between a caribic blue hatch or spectral blue thoF472BFE7-2848-4A2E-8390-8736FD2DA957.jpeg

Only pic I’ve got the hatch and old saloon together, with the turbo wheels I stupidly sold on. taken the morning the saloon was scrapped, miss it lol. And a pic of the saloon bumper and debadged gsi grill on the hatch, much prefer the gsi front end. That and the saloon one needs a good bit of repair/workBB5D4C81-8931-4A62-9AEB-F4ADC34FF5BC.jpeg9BC6769F-C046-4AE4-B07F-9FDE3BFB8F4B.jpeg

Hi guys, not gotten near this in awhile, but got a few questions, I broke up a five door that had central locking and electric mirrors and windows, could I swap any of that over to the 3 door?? And if I could do that, would I have to change the main harness? I.e what the door looms plug into

Hi guys, not gotten near this in awhile, but got a few questions, I broke up a five door that had central locking and electric mirrors and windows, could I swap any of that over to the 3 door?? And if I could do that, would I have to change the main harness? I.e what the door looms plug into

Would be mega hard work mate, the looms wouldn't be the right length to reach the door, the door loom would be too short to reach the lock. Everything would need to be extended. Why do u want to swap them?

Haven’t posted in awhile so here’s an update, got more parts, including another gsi front end, steinmetz splitter (rep) gsi seats, more bits and pieces of trim and clips etc, and a x20xev out of an ex cop cav sri! Finished all the welding too, standard craic with what started as a small hole ended up being a sill and arch lol, but that’s all sorted now, plus a few bits in the inner wings that needed done, smoothed out engine bay, got rid of any unwanted brackets, still in two minds about putting the battery in the boot. Not sure if the bay will look too empty then, finally decided on colour after being stuck between carabic blue, spectral blue and satin red. More random bits include smoothing out the badge and rear wiper, so that’s how I’ve left it now, just waiting for paint, then the fun of trying to get it all back together, and also find new suspension and brakes2CEDD2CE-D8A3-4B98-80A8-BB7125053E24.jpeg3839D73A-593B-47A4-A77F-57C9D4CFC06E.jpeg83E148E9-FD39-41CA-AB72-CD98B8683E1F.jpeg6424FAD3-081B-4B0E-B4C1-685C47C686AB.jpeg648C2B1B-66CC-4FD4-9F1C-7EA444AE8112.jpeg

Great progress mate, I know them feels when you start with a pin hole and end up putting a whole section in the car haha

Great progress mate, I know them feels when you start with a pin hole and end up putting a whole section in the car haha
Slow progress really but it is moving on. Love your mk3 gave me the inspiration to get a move on with mine, oh it’s bad, had a few small pin holes in the inner wing ended up cutting a lot out haha

haha yea mate, you put a mig welder near those pin holes it becomes a blast hole very quick!!

thanks mate, Still a few odds and sods to finish off but she is looking just as i dreamt

haha yea mate, you put a mig welder near those pin holes it becomes a blast hole very quick!!

thanks mate, Still a few odds and sods to finish off but she is looking just as i dreamt
If it’s not that, it’s a case of once you start cutting where do you stop ahaha, I’d be too scared to use that, be too scared to get it dirty hah

If it’s not that, it’s a case of once you start cutting where do you stop ahaha, I’d be too scared to use that, be too scared to get it dirty hah

Nah man it's made to be used, Its going to nurburgring this week haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Back