Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

5 door rear window winders (Electric??)

Only on the cabrios and 160ie's. Some South Africa spec opels did have them as an extra

I think what I am about to say is correct, if not am sure some1 will correct me.

anyway, your best easy way of doing it is mk3 cabrio parts, although a wrecked/scrapped cabrio is as rare as hens teeth. however, the mk3 cavalier (88 F - 96 P) with electric rear windows should fit the astra, or so I've been told. you need rear door wiring looms with elec window plugs, rear door motors, and rear door runners. they should mount easy-ish, switch wise, a cabrio 4 way driver door switch is perfect, and these are about £55 new from a dealer, and 2 rear window switches (same as front passenger switch) are available for about £20ish from a dealer. its just a case of fitting and hoping your drivers door loom has the function for operating the rear windows.

Didn't the Astra CDX have electric rear windows?

nah mate the CDX had rear keep fits, CDX spec is identical to my LS except for leccy mirrors and air con.

it isnt really that big a job, basically plug n play, unplug old looms, plug in new ones, bolt cav mk3 runners/motors in, plug them into loom, plug in 4 way driver door switch and switches on both rear doors and your jammin.

Hendry said:
nah mate the CDX had rear keep fits, CDX spec is identical to my LS except for leccy mirrors and air con.

it isnt really that big a job, basically plug n play, unplug old looms, plug in new ones, bolt cav mk3 runners/motors in, plug them into loom, plug in 4 way driver door switch and switches on both rear doors and your jammin.

my ls has air con....???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back