A Little Announcement.

jono_astra

East Midlands Regional Co-ordinator
Club Member
Reaction score
And its not about a meet....

So over the past few months i have been debating to myself on what i can add and what i cannot add to the East mids region. During the course of the time with the club and doing the joint role with Marc we were able to make something of the east mids region. Now fast forward a few years ( 3 i think) alot of little things have changed in my life which has made my presents quieter in the club and also in organising meets. So my weekends always seam to be taken up with family commitments or finding time to do something fun, also to follow other hobby's and get things done so with this taking all my time up i have yet to be able to commit to doing something for the club and for the region.

So with that all in mind i have decided to take the step of stepping down as being joint co'ord and allowing Marc to carry on this role or for someone else to take on my role.

I have had a great time and hope the meets we organised were good and shall still attend the meets as and when i can. But send my best wishes to Marc and look forward to seeing what can be done.

Thank you for the support through out and all the best.

TMODAlpha

Regional Co-Ordinator
Reaction score
I'm in a similar boat to you mate, but I'll do what I can. Thank's for everything :)

jono_astra

Club Member
Reaction score
Well i would like to thank everyone involved in giving me part of the opportunity to do it. it has been fun, but now lifes more about family time than fun time for me at this point in my life so somethings have had to make way for that time. I will still be knocking about on here though.

But thanks for understanding and all the Best to Marc, know your in a similar situation so hope you can juggle it a bit more than me :lol:.

TMODAlpha

Regional Co-Ordinator
Reaction score
Well i would like to thank everyone involved in giving me part of the opportunity to do it. it has been fun, but now lifes more about family time than fun time for me at this point in my life so somethings have had to make way for that time. I will still be knocking about on here though.

But thanks for understanding and all the Best to Marc, know your in a similar situation so hope you can juggle it a bit more than me :lol:.
Nope :lol:

jono_astra

Club Member
Reaction score
I hope this doesn't mean the mk3's will be going as they always look nice when I drive past :)
Thank you :) think i seen you other day going down the A610 opposite to me.

Cannot say that they will be both staying because at some point one will have to go for sure to make way for a family vehicle, but when that will be im unsure. Maybe next year unless something takes my fancy before hand. But i would think 1 shall be with me for a while.

djwilde69

North East Co-Ordinator
Regional Co-Ordinator
Reaction score
You best keep 1 mk3 bud :hug: I think I'm the only active member in my area it's shocking

Mr.Negative

Club Member
Reaction score
what!? getting rid of a mk3 AND stepping down from admin..... sad times!

P.S. you need to keep the other mk3 for Mia's 18th ;)

jono_astra

Club Member
Reaction score
Well i am sure that i will be keeping one car really, Think it will be the 5 door that goes, its done its fair share of mileage now, and is slowly getting tired on the body, so at some point it will go to make way for something else. That being said unless i get a house and a double garage sometime in the next year and can restore it.... ( please let me win the lotto ha-ha).

But in reality, closer to MOT time next year ill look out for something else to replace it. Its been a cracking car. Still looking a a Vauxhall though so wont be away from the Vaux scene.

Feel for you there as well Dan, cannot be nice being the only 1 up there, but as less mk3's that are around, less people in the regions happen.

And Dave tell me about it. Rewind a few years and i wouldn't of been thinking like this, but now that family time is the most important and really got a great bond with Mia its tough to get my own time now.

And Leon, you know it, she loves Daddys car haha. She will be driving a mk3 as soon as she can reach the pedals i can assure you that. You would think im having a midlife crisis with stepping down and the possibility of getting rid of a mk3!..... where's the keys to the Ferrari :P.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)