Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

air filter for c20let

Best answers
Reaction score
what's best air filter/ induction it to get for a c20let, i know most it might just be personal preference,
im think about getting a pipercross viper is it worth the money to get it, or is there something similar performance but at a cheaper price?

ive got a K&N on mine

Got an Apexi on mine :nod:

does anyone else get a wastegate flutter back through your induction kit on your LET? on low boost? i.e through gear change mid range?

I do it sounds funky, If I'm just cruising it flutters, If I'm raping it you hear the dump obviously lol. I like it! :D

Joker

does anyone else get a wastegate flutter back through your induction kit on your LET? on low boost? i.e through gear change mid range?

I do it sounds funky, If I'm just cruising it flutters, If I'm raping it you hear the dump obviously lol. I like it! :D

Joker

That flutter aint the wastegate, its the air going back through the turbo being "chopped" by the the compressor. You must have the standard recirc valve blanked off if your getting a flutter sound.

Blank off your d/c and its alot louder, Although in saying this it can cause early retirement for your turbo. On the bright side to that on wards and upwards gt30!

Joker

i do. as tom said its because the standard valve (the one next to the compressor housing) is blanked off. every so often i get bored of the dump valve "woosh", remove the DV and have the fluttering for a bit instead :nod:

and i cant stand it when people call it "wastegate" flutter/chatter! the wastegate is on the exhaust, the chatter is coming from the intake, how could they posibly be linked?!? :doh: rant over :sorry:

:focus:

Last edited:
custom k&n get to your requirements

thats what mine is. took some measurements and got one that fits just right, demon tweeks have a massive range of shapes and sizes :nod:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back