Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

Airbox Question..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob

Best answers
Reaction score
Got my £10 Billing induction cone on, so now have loadsa space.

Under the airbox, hidden behind the bumper and arch lining there's a clear-y coloured box - what the **** does this do?! As far as I can tell it's sealed, so why is there an entrance to the airbox from it?

Secondly, how do I get it out?

remove with force under car. it a box that does somthing.. im sure the edges arnt that well sealed.. its prob to cool down some air? or a feed in some way

under the air box is a black pipe - that leads to a box!!

rip that out with some BFI (brut force and ignorance) and stick a cold air feed in and you get more noise and better performance??

its called a resonator box as ben says its there to quieten things down and make the car feel a bit more refined

rip it off and throw it in the bin

Reece said:
a bit more refined
sod that off - mines getting ripped off now :D and ill get a cold air feed on the go :)

AL said:
Ooh - so mine will be even louder if I rip it out?

*runs outside*
and me can really **** my dad off :lol:

how the **** do you get to this box then????

can remember exactly but i think uve gotta take the drivers side inner arch off..then i think its held on with two bolts/screws

cant remember its been 2 years since i did mine

last time i pulled one out it was just rubber plugs holding it on, but wasnt too easy to remove

Yeah pretty much what Reece + Paul said -

Havnt yet taken mine out as I was feeling lazy, but having jacked it up, you have to take arch lining off - then it's 2 bolts and possibly some plastic plugs too. Looks a tight fit though ... hopefully don't have to take the entire bumper off?

EasyRob said:
Yeah pretty much what Reece + Paul said -

Havnt yet taken mine out as I was feeling lazy, but having jacked it up, you have to take arch lining off - then it's 2 bolts and possibly some plastic plugs too. Looks a tight fit though ... hopefully don't have to take the entire bumper off?

im sure i removed mine from my last astra without taken any bolts of or anything. just pulled the bugger out with alot of force. :confused:

Paul0 said:
im sure i removed mine from my last astra without taken any bolts of or anything. just pulled the bugger out with alot of force. :confused:

I used the same method taking out the standard cold air feed, had done loads of work and coulnt be bothered taking the grille/lights whatever else off to get to the bolts so ripped the fooker out. Now got 2 nice cold air feeds running to the grille :) Im thinking that resonator box will be coming out for a third air feed.

Bob :)

Madhaggis said:
I used the same method taking out the standard cold air feed, had done loads of work and coulnt be bothered taking the grille/lights whatever else off to get to the bolts so ripped the fooker out. Now got 2 nice cold air feeds running to the grille :) Im thinking that resonator box will be coming out for a third air feed.

Bob :)

you got any pics of your induction system mate ? interested to see your cold air feeds

Just parked on a curb, turned wheel to the right, yanked the f*cker out! Took about 7mins lol then took a feed off a robin reliant and stuck it down the hole and tied it behind the bumper, quality little cars :nod:

i ripped that bit out of the airbox on my phase 2 gsi and theres no difference in sound.how come?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back