Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

AL's Merit Progress Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AL

Reaction score
Will add pics and a timeline to this v.soon, but for now, some words on my latest bit's/plans:

Have spent the last day or so stripping out my boot, re-finishing it and adding a few new bit's :D

My carpet has been missing for ages, but i've now removed several bit's of plastic trim (basically everything under the speaker/shelf supports) - rubbed it all down, had fun with some wet and dry, then got high on primer and paint fumes. Finish is really good, especially around the arches - there's some dodgy bit's around the tailgate seal, one run on the right hand side and a few small marks here and there, but overall it looks great all painted up!

Will probably dismantle everything and give it another few coats when I have some more money, and maybe even a coat of lacquer to make it shine up nicely!

On the adding things side, i've now got my lovely new 15" Calibra Spacesaver parked in the spare wheel well - looks great against the blue as it's bright red :D - am going to get a Sparco strutbrace to match it soon - will look great I reckon!
Have also re-mounted my Fire Extinguisher now so that it is supported on the left next to the aerial.

Pics coming soon, or check out the whole car at Trax

Paul

B&
Reaction score

AL

Reaction score
Two massive updates:

1. Fitted wheels tonight - badly need's the front lowering, but I think it'll catch on the suspension :(

2. Insurance is deffo going to pay out - so the following will be happening:
Fix Damage.
Colour Coded Mirrors.
Colour Coded De-Locked Handles.
Colour Coded Bumpers.
*POTENTIALLY* A complete blow-over - getting rid of dents/scratches!

AL

Reaction score
Still no pics dude - got to fit my rear seats properly!

Just ordered a set of Pioneer Component's with the adapters from autoleads - will hopefully be fitting those on Saturday along with a fan over-ride switch :D

Better still, from OllyHewitt's soon to be broken Nova, i'm having his snap-off boss with Momo wheel :D

Time to sort a re-trim :p

AL

Reaction score
JVC Headunit has been playing up since Trax, so just said bollocks to it and went on the hunt for a new HU this morning.

After laughing at halfords, getting annoyed at Motorworld and generally pondering, I went down to Car Audio Centre and got an awesome Pioneer unit on the cheap D:

Top service, top quality!

AL

Reaction score
FINALLY got round to fitting my rear strut brace today!

My mate Jay came around so I got him to spanner away while I lay on the floor and held the rear shockers still :p

**** me what a difference it makes though! With the -40mm rear springs, the back end hardly roll's at all now! Need to fit my front springs ASAP to get a good balance :D

Local roundabout where it's possible to get a good bit of speed, gave it death and the back end happily slipped away - luckily caught it :p - great fun though :)

Lot's of speed + corners now....good job it's ont a big engine :lol:

Reaction score
rear strut brace aaayyyyyyyyy :thumbup: always fancied 1 of them, but never worked out how i could build my sub enclosure with a phat strut brace running through it :confused:

going on what you've said tho i think i might have a more serious look tho :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)