Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

Andy's Audi A3 Black Edition

All purpose cleaner  :lol::lol::lol: that's all I could think of when I saw it at first lol
and me - then they went down hill :D :lol:

Front plate looks ace not sure on carbon rear mind :lol:

I've had this a year now, so it's time for a service. With the miles I've done I went for a full service again.

download

So last Saturday at work got it all done.

download

I drained the oil, washed out the oil filter. Filled it with oil and an engine flush, ran for 10 minutes then drained again. Finally filling it with the proper oil and a new filter, which resulted in this:

download

Anyone who's done an oil change on a diesel will know, as soon as you start it up it's black again, so a good flushing has ensured the majority of the old oil was out.

Swapped the tyres front to rear. Fronts were down to 3.5-4.0mm and rears 6.0-6.5mm which is good going for roughly 18,000miles. So they should last a fair while longer yet.

Off to the south of France in just over a week so a nice long run it's all ready for :) I do love this car, it ticks a lot of boxes for me, looks great, handles great, goes very well, great on fuel and so good to drive.

Cleaned it afterwards.

download

Lovely car. Having driven an A3 TFSI DSG recently, I know why you love it.

Anyone who's done an oil change on a diesel will know, as soon as you start it up it's black again, so a good flushing has ensured the majority of the old oil was out.

The Mervia had an oil change when i bought it, and i was suprised the oil is still clean two months later.

The a3 is one of the smartest looking cars on the road IMO.

Wow, long time no update again!

Erm.. November it had an MOT and Oil change.. then last month I replaced the headunit.

This is the original:
download.jpg

It's an Audi RNS-E unit which is actually very good, but let down by the limitations of no bluetooth (it can be added but it doesn't do music), and also the satnav wasn't amazing. Plus no touchscreen so it made satnav use a bit crap!

I decided on an Android based headunit, there are loads out there, a lot are pretty **** in all honesty. But I did a lot of research and ended up with this:

download.jpg

It's an 8-Core unit running Android 6.0, 2GB Ram and 32GB internal memory. Multi-touch screen and it does a million things :lol: I've had it in 3 or 4 weeks now and so far I am very impressed with it. I have a 3g hotspot in the car now so the unit always has wifi, which I use to run Waze for the satnav which IMO is VERY good, a godsend with the traffic alerts etc. Plus I subscribe to Google Play Music so I have unlimited music to stream on tap :)

download.jpg

download.jpg

Not a lot to report other than that.. got a broken coil spring so contemplating lowering it and new shocks :biggrin:

I actually forgot you had this lol

Headunit looks good, been looking at getting an android unit for my bmw but dunno which one to go for, really want one with a satnav built in that doesnt eat up my data allowance.

Do tell, how much did you pay for it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back