Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

Arctic II Saab Turbo

Status
Not open for further replies.

TMODAlpha

East Midlands Regional Co-ordinator
Regional Co-Ordinator
Best answers
Reaction score
It's time to start another diary I think. I dont have many pictures of what it looked like when i got it, but i'm sure you have all seen a standard flame pink Astra :)

Those that followed my old car, will know some of the mods i had, if not here is a list of the ones that i have transfered over, and have yet to transfer.

Not long after i got it, the brakes failed which turned out to be a dodgey servo hose, but since has been sorted. Also done a full service, new plugs, oil etc because it was running on sludge.

Also when I had my exhaust system refitted, they broke the seal between the downpipe and the manifold, so i had the joy of fixing that one too.

When I towed my silver one home, there were no springs on the back, needless to say it wasnt comfortable.

Done:
  • New wing mirror
  • K&N Induction and custom cold air feed (in wing)
  • Lowered 40mm back
  • 17" BSA Manik wheels
  • Alpine headunit
  • Alpine front speakers
  • Alpine 6x9's
  • Fli amp (6x9's)
  • Fli twin trap 12"
  • Exhaust system
  • Interior changes (Gear **** etc)

To transfer:
  • Strut brace
  • Clear side repeaters
  • Debump striped
  • Painted calipers and uprated brakes
  • Lowered 40mm front

Some pictures of when i first had it (wheels already on):

100_1222.jpg

100_1223.jpg

100_1227.jpg

Nice bit of flame pink:

100_1224.jpg

100_1226.jpg

Giving it a blast to Devon:

100_1266.jpg

Anyway, today with the weather being nice i decided i had enough of flame pink. Got out the machine polisher and spent around 4-5 hours ripping into the paint.

Results:

Woops
IMAG0103.jpg

IMAG0104.jpg

Wax on

IMAG0105.jpg

IMAG0106.jpg

IMAG0107.jpg

IMAG0108.jpg

The polishing pad:

IMAG0109.jpg

And the finished result of round 1:

IMAG0110.jpg

IMAG0111.jpg

IMAG0112.jpg

IMAG0114.jpg

The pictures dont do it justice.

When i got the car i had to replace the wing mirror and the gent before left me with this mess:

IMAG0113.jpg

Yes, lets try to fix our cars with super glue... retard.

2 parts of my Astra club
100_1321.jpg

And the other 2 parts of my 4 Astra's

IMAG0115.jpg

Still got a lot more to do on the body work, but luckily, the rust on the arches isnt too bad, strangely enough it is worse on the front 2 wings.

Hopefully i will have all my little bits and bobs transfered from the silver one soon. And then its off to car heaven.

Going to keep the updates coming hopefully.

Last edited:
Off to a great start here fella keep it up mate

Make it look orange usually, but it is looking red. Better than it was anyway. Just got to do it all over again at some point and get all the edges.

Ok small update, as well as the wing mirror someone broke the aerial, shoved in back in and put putty in the hole to "seal" it. It was far from that but luckily the water that got in just got on the aerial shaft. Took a quick trip to the scrapyard and found an electric one out of a GLS. Woo.

Was a little stuck, so ripped the motor apart, flooded it in WD and locked in a vice. Quick yank and the rest came out, put it back together and BAM. Perfect. :)

Good times.

Well done with that mate little updated on my thread aswell

Cool :) My aerial stopped working, I took it apart thinking it was just full of crap but turns out the motor was sparking and smoking like fook (with a srew in place of the fuse!) so I cut the wires and left it as a manual aerial for now.. bloody cheap universal parts :rolleyes:

Whats next then?

Just got the struts off my silver one so i can transfer springs and brakes. Glad it all comes off as one, save me seperating it. Can just bolt it straight on.

Bugger off you, i bet you have the tools there to get this bloody bolt off too.

Got the side repeaters on now, so nice and clear. Really need to look at the cam belt, not sure on history and do a full set, tensioners, water pump etc. Just need time and money. Got next week off work, so getting the struts on finally. Bought some nut splitters to get the bugger off.

Also, driving home tonight, the bloody indicator lense flew off, bounced down my car and took a nice chunk out of my paint. Going to repair (bodge) that tomorrow along with some bonnet chips. Possible respray on the cards? Doubt it :lol:

True true.

Just changed my drive belt idler. OMG! I'm in pain. Took me hours to get it off my silver car, had to remove the power steering pump (DAMN AIR CON ENGINE MOUNTS!)

Couldnt get the union off the pump on my red one, so had to struggle with my finger around a PAS pump, engine mount, actualy drive belt and the idler too.

How I wish that the idler was in the middle of the block like normal engines. :( So far, it sounds better, but i will take it out later to make sure.

If anyone wants the drive belt idler changing on an air-con fitted mk3 astra, dont ****ing ask me...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back