Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

astra 2.0 sport

Best answers
Reaction score
ive purchased this sport 4 a huge £80 :cool:

the bloke was gonna scrap it coz it needed a new exhaust + cat, and didnt think the exspense was worth it

apart from the exhaust and a little bit of rust on the door , it is mint, has 106,000 miles on it

so far ive just stuck some alloys on it and started 2 remove the bump strips and thats it so far

Picture.jpg

i currently own a 1.8 gsi and have decided its shaged now

i was outa work for 10 months, and have run it into the ground, plus its on 150,000

so im gonna be scraping it, and transfering everythink over onto the sport

Picture091.jpg

the gsi has a 4 branch on it, and i was looking forward 2 sticking this on the sport 4 the extra power

but im gutted 2 find none of the exaust system fits the sport :Cry:

ive now gone out and bought a compressor, and paint

and over the next few weeks, im gonna be transfering the bodykit over

and have a go at spraying the bodykit myself

indeed theres not many left, all been turned into 2.0 or turbos! whats wrong with the GSI mate?

Totally up to you but I would boge the GSI up if its really no good and sell it on rather than scrap it. There are many things that can be repaired though... its all a matter of time and money though. Just seems a shame

indeed theres not many left, all been turned into 2.0 or turbos! whats wrong with the GSI mate?

well. i lifted the bonnet up, and was squirted in the face with petrol, there was a hole in the fuel pipe going 2 the injector rail
speedo has packed up, and its an internal problem inside the gearbox
needs new radiator
new shocks
and im sick 2 death of how low the suspension is, ive destroyed 3 alloys now
mot is due shortly, and i know its gonna fail on alot
so its just gonna cost more 2 repair it, than its worth
so its easier 2 transfer it over 2 the sport, its got less milage, and its a bigger engine

engine swop into the gsi shell? surely an easier route than redoing all the kit and spraying...

engine swap is gonna cost me £500+, its not somethink i can do
and ive picked up a compressor for a £100, and paint is only £27, so its seems the cheapier option 2 me, plus the gsi is on 150,000 miles now, and the sport has 106,000 miles on it and the bigger engine
seems the best option 2 me, plus im gonna make money out scrapping the gsi

Up to you mate... didn’t sound to much work to be honest though if you have a go yourself. Also, mileage doesn’t mean a thing... The clocks in my car are out of a different one (I have put them in like I have done to my last Asta too). Also, even if the mileage is original- its not how many miles its done... its how its got there.

Anyway… whatever you decide you will have to get pics up and show us! Nice buy on that sport by the way.
What colour was you thinking on the sport by the way (always loved white mk 3s!)

Let me know what you're going to do with the GSi shell once you finished transferring bits over to the sport as I could be interested in it.

New fuel line is cheap, spedo drive for the gearbox isn't expensive, get some standard springs cheap on here, less than £100 in parts and ur nearly there!

If I had they Money mate I would but I'm gonna struggle to pay to get my gsi sorted let alone another :laugh:

Good to see u making a diary Stu.

If you ever need any help you know where i live :) also dont totally destroy that GSI ill have a look at it see if we can make you some money back.

top man, thanks lee, when im finished ill invite u round 2 take a look whats left, im in no rush though, never seem 2 get time with work
im gutted i missed that exhaust u was selling, have u got any bits left, none of my exhaust fits the sport

New fuel line is cheap, spedo drive for the gearbox isn't expensive, get some standard springs cheap on here, less than £100 in parts and ur nearly there!

i know what u mean, parts are cheap, but i just dont have the knowledge 2 take out gearboxes, and change that fuel line
it just seems pointless keep throwing money at it, when i could get another 1 for next 2 nothink

No mate dont have any more stuff for sale, the backbox off the GSI not fit the sport then? is that cause of bore size or cause of the brackets ?[/QUOTE

my backbox only has 1 hanger, and the sport manifold seems 2 be longer than the gsi, so my exhaust system is useless on it
and when i was taking the sport exhaust off, the manifold snapped, i only have 1 nut holding the exhaust to the manifod, and the whole sport exhaust is rotten
gonna go over to that vauxall spares in dunstable 2morow, see what they got

my progress has been pretty much non existent
with work and the wifey, ive only had a few hours here and there , so didnt get any pictures of my progress

so far ive sprayed the whole car , except the roof, and 2 be honest, ive found if u take your time, its pretty easy
ive only got a tiny garage, so had 2 do it bit by bit, which made it diffucult
wish i had got a bigger compressor , but im happy with the end result now
my car is now rust free

got myself a new front bumper with fogs
coz i didnt like my old bumper being wide mouthed

also got myself a gsi grill , it was allready smoothed , but was done very bad, so had 2 correct that
did have a reiger grill, and think they look great , but the fitment was terrible, so that had 2 go

fitted all my old gsi interior, exhaust, tinted windows, except the boot glass, still gotta work out how 2 get it out

rear wiper and badge have also been removed

also fitted the alarm out my old car, and was well chuffed when it worked

now ive learnt how 2 spray a car, im gonna go a step further
i fancy having a go at making my own bodykitt, just gotta get some spare cash and time , and im gonna give it a go

im also gonna remove the door handles
spray the wheels white
lower it , doesnt look so great riding high, will be lowered 60
spray the rocker cover
maybe a custom boot install outa fibre glass

pictures aint great
Picture004.jpg

Picture008.jpg

Picture002.jpg

Last edited:
very nice! looks a very good spray job aswell, weldone mate!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back