Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

Astra 3 suspension options

Reaction score
My Astra is getting a bit 'floaty' so it may be time to redo all the damper/springs and wondered what combination you guys have. What would be great is a 'this is what I have' and 'this is how it rides' , as peoples preferences are different so great for you might be not so for me, for example I don't want skateboard type suspension but others may love it (I used too but getting older now).
Cheers.

Reaction score
I am going to watch this thread with interest as I want to upgrade my suspension also. :)

Reaction score
I think a thread along the lines of "this is what I have" and "a description of the ride" would be a good sticky (so long as it doesn't turn into a debate). one for brakes would be good also.

Reaction score
im hoping to find some shocks and springs at the scraps.

ill post my findings.

Reaction score
www.tuning.co.uk do a kit for £199 that is Bilstein shocks and Jamex springs (i think!).

Is it any good?

Reaction score
im using bilstein front dampers, jamex -40mm springs and spax rear dampers.. its alright i suppose although the back end is shockingly light under braking

benlee

B&
Reaction score
Got standered uprated Bilstein shocks front and rear (red). standered front springs (25mm) and 60mm pi rear springs (from a calibra v6).

also have the uprated front anti-roll bar fitted

nice confy ride handels well round the track im happy with my set up.

fitted a koni 60mm (may have been 40mm) kit to a mates and that had a harder ride.

Reaction score
G-max -40mm springs and shocks all round... I travel long distances to gigs with the car loaded with gear and apart from feeling the road more and some more rattles in the back its quite comfortable...

Took me a week to get used to it as you get lots more road noise but that probably because I went from 15" to 17" rims at the same time as I fitted the springs and shocks but corners are now much more fun..

To be honest the ride is not far away from what I got with the original mk3 set up..

Ben

Reaction score
i've got g-max springs and shocks (50mm drop). handling wise, its great, but its seriously uncomfortable (but then again, ive got 18" alloys for 215/35 rubber band tyres!). i think with smaller rims, the ride would be close to perfect

Reaction score
I have the tuning kit, Bilstein shocks, with what i was told were Pi springs??

not a hundred percent sure....

handling is great, goes round coners really well but is quite stiff. not to bad in the front, but the back is really quite uncomfortable on a long run. but hey i dont sit in the back.....

edit:
it also looks better being a bit lower, and im running 205/50/R15 rims.

Reaction score
eibach 50mm springs and standard shocks

cant comment on quality as the shockers are on their way out

Reaction score
On the dailydriver i use Supersport gasdampers and -60/-40mm spring. Works very well at track, a bit hard with the 215/35-18 wheels as daily drive, but not uncomfortable.

Ben

Reaction score
portadownfc said:
will springs for a corsa fit the mk3? any other vauxs that the springs will fit mk3??

cheers

John
i heard that fitting mk2 springs fit, and lower the car double whats stated for the mk2. so if you get 35mm lowering springs for the the mk2, and fit them to the mk3, you'll get a 70mm drop! i know that definatly applies to the rears, but i can't confirm this for the fronts. also fitting standard mk2 springs will lower a mk3. hope that helps.

JMurray

Club Member
Reaction score
Fitting the topmounts from a MK2 will drop a MK3 as I have done this myself. I'm getting a lowering kit off a mk2 for mine, i'm a little worried about how much the drop is going to be (it's a 40mm kit but could end up as 80mm).

Last edited:
Reaction score
im running spax adjustable shocks and spax-50mm lowering springs.looks lovely nice n slammed on my 16"speedlines handlings good but a bit bumpy on some roads coz i played with the dampers and made it a wee peice stiffer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)