Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

Astra for sale - AVOID

Astraguy09

Joint South Central Co-Ordinator
Best answers
Reaction score
Just been down Telegraph road looking at an M reg, Green Cabriolet.

Body seen better days, all 4 wolfrace Octanes need a re-con as 1 is curbed to hell and ALL 4 have the polished lip corroding to hell!! the drivers seat is full of fag burns, on std suspension, looks like the brakes need changing, under the bonnet the rocker is leaking like mad, there is mayo behind the cap, mayo in the header tank thats got clean coolent in (looks like a bodge to avoid HG fail signs!) something is tapping and something is rattling on the belt side, no displayed tax however 11months MOT.

Its a breaker by the looks of it. the guy wants............................ £650.00!!

He told me "its been treated as best as possible as it was owned by a mechanic" there are 2 reasons why a mechanic gets rid of a car 1 car is beyond economical repair or 2 he has upgraded.

Something tells me that number 1 was the problem here... I offered the guy £200 for it as i'd just break it for spares, and he said a flat no.

Sorry but its knackered, beyond economical repairs by the looks of it!!

some poor soul will buy this not realising its a shed

too true.... im looking forward to seeing it with its new owner, i WILL pull him over and ask him if the head gasket been changed or if he living ok with its a really expencive shed

No offence mate but why are you going and viewing peoples cars that are for sale when you have no money?

No offence mate but why are you going and viewing peoples cars that are for sale when you have no money?

Got money in all order.

hate it when people do this... im sure you'd be pi$$ed if someone came to look at your car with no intention of buying it.

I did actually have an intention of buying it,

if it was alright after some polish and time then it would be sold on.

if it was beyond economical repair I would have broken it, there was plenty that people would have bought from it.

My oil has "cream" on the cap and my head gasket is fine, its just something an 8v does by the seems in the winter with the temprature change. I only know this due to my water has no oil in it and there is no water in my oil, I wouldn't go assuming the gasket is gone matey. Was there any rust in the sills or arches? if the body is clean I wouldn't say it was past repair if with the mechanical parts :)

body was far from clean, there was scabs of rust all over the sills which were also covered with underseal!!

There was more than mayo on the cap, there was mayo in the header tank, which had new clean coolent bubbling away in there.

I dont think that the guy would have known, the coolent was bubbling whilst I was there, but as there was mayo in the header and under the rocker (which was also ****ing out with oil) I would assume that he either changed coolent and oil just before selling or had just done it............ either way its not been done correctly, would need engine and coolant flush IF the HG hadn't been done!!

Maybe the breathers were blocked, quite a common issue to be fair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back