Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

Astra G

Best answers
Reaction score
Being a new member I thought I would ask before posting, My mk3 is running fine but my Astra G 1600 8 valve has died and I am getting no where, anyone on here got any knowledge on these, thanks Richard

When you say died what does it do? Or dead completely?

Thanks for your interest, First there are no warning lights coming on when the engine is running that is no EML light or spanner light , I tried the pedal test that came up with I believe a code of 0230 if my counting is correct, I have connected a fault code reader that shows no fault codes, I have had the car several years so know it well, The first thing I noticed it seemed a bit flat then within a few days I only just managed to get it home worse than limp mode. now it will start tick over when you rev it will 2,500 to 3,000 revs then just die. I have changed the Crank sensor and Coil pack but it is no better. I think it is to good a car to scrap, I suppose that is my age. Car is 2002 Astra 1.6 8 valve, Thanks Richard

Thanks as I said mine will start and tickover but not rev over 3,000, If an ECU fails shouldn't EML or Spanner light come on, thanks

Potentially yes. I can't remember exactly what mine was doing now, it was a while ago. The 0230 code from the pedal test points to this:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back