Astra gsi abs brake pipe layout

Reaction score
Could anyone tell me the layout of the pipe pipes? the two pipes from master cylinder to the abs pump, which one in which port at the back of the pump. Also the layout of the four ports of top of the abs pump and also does anyone know which way round the original bias valves go? Thank you

Reaction score
Could anyone confirm the following brake pipes, the four outlets on the top on the abs pump, going from left to right
first outlet- drivers side front
second outlet- passenger side rear
third- drivers side rear
fourth- passenger side front

Think I've worked out direction of flow through the bias. But does it matter which way round the two pipes go from the master cylinder to the abs pump?

DavebGsi

Administrator
Club Staff
Regional Co-Ordinator
Club Member
Reaction score
If u look on my thread i made them all in braided

but the holes are marked anyways lol for the wheels, if i remember correctly the master cylinder to abs has the same size fixings, this tell u which goes to which

ie large hole in master to large in pump
small to small

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks dave that's a great help. I wish I had labelled before removing and throwing the old one's out. I'm ordering my hel braided lines as we speak.

AndyB-Redtop

Club Member
Reaction score
Could anyone confirm the following brake pipes, the four outlets on the top on the abs pump, going from left to right
first outlet- drivers side front
second outlet- passenger side rear
third- drivers side rear
fourth- passenger side front

Think I've worked out direction of flow through the bias. But does it matter which way round the two pipes go from the master cylinder to the abs pump?
Hi mate, did you get confirmation that this was the correct order for the brake lines out of the ABS unit. Need to do mine next. I've also forgotten the order, there are 2 thicker thread fittings on the unit for HL & VL. So i assume these are fronts?? Is it.....

VR - Rear Right
HL - Front Right
HR - Rear Left
VL -Front left

v21221

Last edited:
Reaction score
Beat me to it...
vr- drivers side front
hl- passenger side rear
hr- drivers side rear
vl- passenger side front

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)