Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

astra lying to one side!

Best answers
Reaction score
:Cry:
ok hers the story..got the car standard and the front pasanger side always sat that bit high..
got a set of 60mm springs and thought it should sort it..got them in and the driver side stil sat high!!?...
then it faild m.o.t on 2 front springs not secure so i went and bought two brand new standard springs got them in for m.o.t along with 2 brand new strut mounts and bearings and guess wot..STIL SITING HIGH ON THE PASANGER SIDE!!

im thinking driver side shock?
any ideas or happend to any one else?
thanks

was thinkin that tho if i put a new shock in the both sides wil be siting as high as the passanger side is..was gna try corsa 60's but aparantly they wont fit?

Has car ever had a shunt. Could twisted chassis down on on side

hasint been hit that i no of..im second onwer from new..any ideas how i could get it siting even?

Take a measure of both front arches to ground and same on rear to find exactly wat shok/spring it is also check distance from center of wheel to bak of arch. Will give you better idea if summit bent. i.e wishbone strut etc

I agree. Its the only explanation left. you've changed shox springs from standard to lowered n bak to standard and not made slightest bit o difference

i havint changed the shox tho aprantly it dont make any difrent to ride haight?

Give car the bounce test. Push down on each corner of car. Shox should sink undr pressure then bounce up and down and reset to original ride position. If it bounces more than once then its soft or leakin check down side of shock for sign of fluid

Make sure all your panels i.e bonnet and wing tops have same gap between them on each side. Does headlight beam pattern look level wen parked facin wall with lights on

Id just like to point out that the drivers side of the car is slightly heavier than the passengers side, on older & softer suspension it could look a bit lop sided.

YES the shock doesn't dictate ride hight but don't forget they do have something to do with it, it would sit lower if the shock was knackered or on its way out.

checked the gaps ther and they seem fine no sings paint ..thers only 82k on it and its 98 im second owner i realy dout its been hit..mite change the strut

Id just like to point out that the drivers side of the car is slightly heavier than the passengers side, on older & softer suspension it could look a bit lop sided.

YES the shock doesn't dictate ride hight but don't forget they do have something to do with it, it would sit lower if the shock was knackered or on its way out.

and if it was for some reason stuck in one position higher normal it would sit funny too

Users who are viewing this thread

Back