• 2020 Official MK3OC Calendars now available to pre-order in the club shop!

**LIMITED TIME REMAINING, ORDERS CLOSE THIS FRIDAY 6PM - ORDER NOW TO AVOID MISSING OUT!**

Click here to buy now.

Astra Mk3 Phase 1. Windscreen Wiper Linkage Broken Again.

myastra

Club Member
Reaction score
Windscreen Wiper Linkage Broken again for the second time. I guess a common problem as the mounting plate for the motor has completely broken away yet again. Same place.
I think last time i replaced it the secondhand one i fitted already started to crack but had problems sourcing that one so i had to fit it.
Can you get good/new replacements or has anyone got a spare i could buy from you ?

Reaction score

astranaut

North West & North Wales Regional Co-ordinator
Regional Co-Ordinator
Club Member
Reaction score
I remember the one on mine going deep in Snowdonia during a decent downpour, having to drive back slowly using a wiper blade out the window till I got somewhere with signal. Is it a common problem then?

myastra

Club Member
Reaction score
This will be the second time i have changed mine, and on both occasions they have cracked across the motor attaching screws causing the motor to break away.
Thank you both for the help above. I will let you know how i get on.
Also i too would like to know if this is a common problem with the wiper mechanism.

Reaction score
That's the only wiper linkage listed on Vauxhalls parts catalogue for rhd astra mk3 so i would say so.

DavebGsi

Administrator
Club Staff
Regional Co-Ordinator
Club Member
Reaction score
This will be the second time i have changed mine, and on both occasions they have cracked across the motor attaching screws causing the motor to break away.
Thank you both for the help above. I will let you know how i get on.
Also i too would like to know if this is a common problem with the wiper mechanism.
So when you say it broke the mount, did you replace all the parts last time? motor and leakage and mounts?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)