Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

Astra V6 or corsa XE?

Ian

Best answers
Reaction score
Well with the prices of petrol only going one way (and bloody fast, will be £1.20/litre soon :doh:) been thinking a big heavy v6 astra may not be a good idea :sad:

Thinking of a corsa XE again, i wanted the astra to be a nice comfy car to drive around in with a fair bit of power to hand (well foot :laugh:) the corsa will be the opposite though, rattly, bumpy but still plenty of power :heh:

Dont know what to do! i dont want to put an XE in the astra as i may aswell get a gsi then but dont want that since the power to weight compaired to a corsa :doh:

V6 astras are actually really good on fuel. XE corsa wont be that good as your foot will be planted alot of the time believe me so its false economy.

I get 30mpg from my V6 Estate.
Fast B roads and a bit of town traffic.

LPG Z18XE Corsa C is the way to go now with Fuel prices.

well i find the v6 better on fuel than the 2.0 8v i had in the car before, when i went to billing in the 8v i used a full tank there and back, in the v6 i used half a tank and that was going fast :lol: but if your worried about the price of fuel buy a 1.1 :lol:

well i find the v6 better on fuel than the 2.0 8v i had in the car before, when i went to billing in the 8v i used a full tank there and back, in the v6 i used half a tank and that was going fast :lol: but if your worried about the price of fuel buy a 1.1 :lol:

buy a 1.1 :rofl:

you will be suprised on how good some of the bigger vauxhall engines are on fuel, my LET dont use that much more than my old 1.8 engine and infact on motorway its far better on fuel than my musses 1.6 zafira :lol:

i would like a corsa xe, but then again ive already got an astra v6 sitting doing nothing:cool:

Argh i dunno what to do. TBH im really leaning more towards an xe corsa.

people saying the astra v6 is good on fuel, surely a lighter car, with 500cc less on the same box (F20) will be better? :lol: :lol:

Dont get me wrong, im not looking for a run around :lol: but the price of fuel is getting stupid so it seems pointless having a powerful car if i cant afford to run it at all!

oh and neal i have a 1.2, its **** :lol:

it all depends on how you drive the v6 though, flat out all the trime ragging it through gears you will be using a tank a day, :lol: iv been there done that, and still do somtimes :lol: but on a motorway run i dont see the gauge moving, and iv got the f28 so better on fuel on motorways, but like you say if you cant afford a bigger engine then why not look into the LPG Z18XE Corsa C like mark said, or you could get a v6 and convert it to LPG, as i think i might look into that when petrol goes over 3.00 :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back