Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

Astra Van Styling and Tuning HELP!!

Best answers
Reaction score
Hello fellow mk3 owners.
ive owned my van for about 2 years now and basically been using it to commute to and from work but really wanting to improve its looks and especially its power (well lack of power lol)
its a 1.7TD (vauxhall engine) 1998 R reg
what are the options on Cheap styling mods. whats the best bumpers to put on it. what are good interiors to put in it. im not clued up on what are the good donar cars gsi ect etc

also what are my options on getting more horses out of the lump cos it sooooooooo slow at the moment

any input would be great!!

thanks martin

you cant tune a vauxhall td lump, only the isuzu td is tuneable, the gm ones blow up if messed with. as for styling, have alook in the van diary section for chanceys topic

just dont blow ur engine like chancey :lol:

thanks for the replies!! so if im going to change the engine i might aswell go for a petrol lump then? 2.0 or something? or can i get similer gains out of the izuzu lump?

isuzu standard = 82bhp

tuned = SS exhaust, decat. upped fuel and boost. cone off the turbo, looking at 110 - 120bhp and good fuel ecom. great gains for very little money.. i paid £30 for a new, second hand scorpian stainless steel center pipe (2inch gsi system) make the decat yourself with some tube and flanges. second hand back box.

ive im throwing in a larger frontera intercooler with mine, and probly around 17psi worth of boost

although with petrol you will get more power and gains,

2.0 redtop = 150bhp standard with a good engine

how much can i get a redtop for and whats involved?\
i know il need an engine and loom.
new tank i guess?
can the original 1.7td clutch stay?
will the brakes need upgrading?
er what else??

i really want to go down the petrol route

as its a gm lump, everything will need changing. u will need big block legs, drive shafts, 256 brakes. loom. tank and pump. ecu, engine mount. probly missed some bits off but gives u the idea

Users who are viewing this thread

Back