Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

Attack of the Turbo Squid ( Revenge of M515 EVL )

Best answers
Reaction score
Well after the sad death of my red 5 door i needed a new shell to put my super boosted derv motor in. So i bought this.

luckily the previous owner mr John Avison bought the car just for the engine so i got the rolling shell for the bargin price of £100 :) win

here it is back home, let the fun begin

day one of the build, stripped down and started work on my front strut top

im raising the strut tops to allow more travel for my billy coilovers

plenty of room under the bonnet

here we go

thats the first one done

it will be coilovers on the back, along with tubbed inner arches and slightly flared outer arches :)

pics of the nova, is it tuned?
i dont suppose your interested in my isuzu cabby?

it will be coilovers on the back, along with tubbed inner arches and slightly flared outer arches :)

yes mate. Forget the fronts for now. I want to see you do the rears. Lol

If you are tubbing them does that mean you will have the shocks going straight up instead of the 45 degree angle?

Last edited:
:lol: so you bought it - he said I cant have any of the parts off it :lol:

just epic, I know this is going to be full of win

mr skint- you don't want to see my nova, its nothing special, standard 1.5td its only bin de-catted and looks crap with its many different colours :)

purpledrumstick- iv got to do all the front end work before i can fit my engine, subframe and suspension. then i can turn the car around and do the back end, so it will be a couple of weeks before i get started, sorry :)

kev- sorry mate, i had it bagsied before john had even picked it up lol

update

First of i'm going to apologise, this is not going to be the big update it should be considering how long its been since the last update. Alot of my time recently has been taking up on a friends project, a chevette running a saab turbo engine with a holset hy35 hopefully around 500bhp. The chevette is a paying job so the derv has taken a back seat unfortunately.

Here's some pics

bit of filler and primer

then paint and lacquer

and today having left work early :) got her back on the ground

then turned it around so i can get the engine in and start on the rear suspension

yep thats the one, the bit of the sump that sits over the sub frame is very narrow

Users who are viewing this thread

Back