back box fitment

Reaction score
My new exhaust centre section turned up today but it doesnt fit to my back box. the back box ive got is supposed to be a direct fit for all mk3 astra's. the o/d of the centre sectoin is 49mm and the i/d of the back box is 45mm. Is there two diff types one for 1.4/1.6 and then one for 1.8/2.0 ????? would be grateful for any info ppl. cheers

Reaction score
i dont really want to reduce it down tbh, would rather get a proper fitting back box, also dont really want to start welding or i could of saved a bit of money and got a uni fit box instead.

Reaction score
Maybe the back box is the correct one for your car, but the centre section is for the bigger engine versions, though I am not sure what size the pipes are meant to be for any given model. Have you measured the pipe you took off, and the origonal backbox?

Reaction score
didnt have a standard back box on it when i got it and the centre section had been butchered, all i know is that the centre section is a standard replacement 1.8/2.0 all petrol models ( mine is a 2.0). so im pretty sure its the back box thats the wrong one for my car. just not certain.....

Reaction score
didnt have a standard back box on it when i got it and the centre section had been butchered, all i know is that the centre section is a standard replacement 1.8/2.0 all petrol models ( mine is a 2.0). so im pretty sure its the back box thats the wrong one for my car. just not certain.....
If that is the case, then its probably the back box that is wrong, if the centre section is correct for your car. I did see some nice Ashley boxes on ebay for about £100, they would look good and sound good on your car mate. I also pressume then that the 1.6 sport has a smaller diameter exhaust than the 1.8/2.0 models

Reaction score
just want to be certain of what ive got before i post it in the for sale section, its a nice exhaust, shame really

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)