Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

Badgeless Phase 1 Grille

Best answers
Reaction score
I understand a few people have cut the badge out of their phase 1 grilles, and then bridged the gap.

How easy is this to do, bearing in mind I have no clue at all!?

i personally haven't looked at a ph1 grille properly to see how or the shape behind it, but i imagine it would be fairly easy using repair mesh and body filler, or if you want it to be a little tougher using fibreglass. as long as you take you're careful and dont rush it you shouldnt have any problems.

I wouldn't know where to start!

This is what I want, 0137537517de1.jpg

im not sure that is a standard ph1 grille thats been modified.

your best bet for where to start is to take it off and have a look at it from the back, as long as you are left with something to work from to retain the shape of the central bar you can try.

i cant really advise on procedures to do it since i haven't had a look myself and i dont really want to give duff advice, if i find anything on the subject i will post it here though

Cheers. That definitely is a phase 1 with the badge cut out. Thing is, I can't find anything even similar. All I know is people have had them on their cars, but have since taken them off. Don't know whether it's because they don't last very long?? The middle bar is very thin, and right at the front of the car...

grilles like that usually pop up on ebay but there is grilles available off the shelf and not custom made

ive got one on mine mate that i did myself and its easy to do (was my first ever attempt and fibreglass, painting etc...) and i did it back in april and its never cracked, sagged or anything. had it on the car ever since :thumb:

DSC00577.gif

theres some progress pics in my diary but if you become a club member i made a "how to" when i did it thats waiting for you in the members section ;)

Last edited:
ive got one on mine mate that i did myself and its easy to do (was my first ever attempt and fibreglass, painting etc...) and i did it back in april and its never cracked, sagged or anything. had it on the car ever since :thumb:

DSC00577.gif

theres some progress pics in my diary but if you become a club member i made a "how to" when i did it thats waiting for you in the members section ;)

Cheers Jordan, I'm got paid today so I'm a member now. I'll check it out in a bit.

the best grill imo is the reiger one but thats personal preference

I love Reiger Grilles too, but at the moment I have no money, and I think Jordan's grille, and Marts grille (the other pic) look so much better than anything you can buy prefabricated!

i like the reiger grills too but im not sure if i like the way they cut off the top of the angle eyes. (why i did my grill instead ;))

may get one at some point

Users who are viewing this thread

Back