Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

bigger brakes on my astra

Best answers
Reaction score
ok its been asked a million times but i need an in depth guide on how to fit calibra/cavalier/astra big brakes to the FRONT of my car. i can get them no problem. but i dont have a clue on how to fit.

please someone give me it in a list 1,2,3,4,5 or a pictorial guide as i dont wanna mess it up.

got 14s at the mo. looking for 16"'s for my car right now. when i get paid lol.

hopefully i can get these brakes and alloys and my car will be done.

also, do i need to bleed the brakes or clamp anything, thats the only bit thats scaring me.

dont use mole grips if you do them up to tight you will damage or colaspe the hose get the proper brake hose clamps that you canot over tighten.

also use a impact screwdriver to undo the disc screws.

make sure you fit the calipers with the bleed nipple at the top
and the springs fitted corectly.

Do you have a brake bleed kit

p3287714_l.jpg
p1166169_l.jpg

I never use clamps I just bleed the whole system afterwards and it gives the system a good clean out..verry easy

YAWN.. Im off to bed. Ill try and do a how to with pics soon as..

you can use mole grips, but i'd recommend wrapping some cloth around them to minimise any damage caused by them. easy enough to change the brakes, especially in your case as they're the same size as higher spec astras, so you know that they are made for your car, so to speak.

ben said:
make sure you fit the calipers with the bleed nipple at the top

LOL - I remember doing that on my Nova. :rolleyes: I could not work out why the pedal went to the floor - I decided it would not be wise to take the car around the block for a test drive.

LOL I remeber fitting my big disks, and I really do suck at anything mechanical. I managed to split the brake cable and didn't realise so there was me going down the road and had no breaks, it was when i was truely thankful for hand brakes!!

Any "do as i say boy" gen????:p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back