Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

Bit quiet in here....?

Good to see someone is here other than just me :car: but... sad times
Lets organise a regional meet of just our 2 cars :lol:

Im always up for a meet with a fellow mk3 owner, mines should be back on the road sometime this month

Sadly a mix of two things.

-Internet forums are slowly being phased out now that social media has been reigning over the internet.
-MK3's are getting quite small in numbers as they've hit that age where rust has most likely sent most of them to the scrapyard.

Same story here in Belgium

I'm up for a meet too, just let me know when you are back on the road. :biggrin:
Yeah I know, it's changed a lot over the years. I don't have Face-ache or twatter or any of that stuff, I'm like a proper dinosaur - bit like my cars :lol:

No sh*t its quiet I'm shocked there doesnt seem to have been much of anythin gone on since I was last on .. and that was January :o speakin of which ... have you missed me :)

Awesome looking Flame Red you've got there! Same colour as my Nova... well sort of, it is more Flame Pink with red bits I've attacked with some polish :lol:

Regrettably I sold her in January to a guy from st awful only because the wife hated it and wanted something newer WOMEN, she was matt Pink when I got her due to sun bleaching it hadnt been polished or looked after for some time it took me about three weeks of polishing with colour restorer and "T Cut to get her to shine then did all the black plastics with Back to Black and she came up a treat even the neighbours were well impressed :lol:

I then spent a few quid on new parts such as engine mounts cambelt kit replacement headlamps as the insides were knackered and wouldnt adjust off the switch and also replaced both motors got a new rear wing mounted telescopic aerial from Germany and gave her a full service. I then had two new rear tyres fitted then got constantly moaned at from my other half as she couldnt reach the pedals properly so sorted that then it was something else and something else got sick of hearing it so sold her and bought a MK4 which has actually turned out to be a little gem, she's a one owner car (old guy) she's been really well looked after and she's in the same red just needs a little polish which I'll be doing when I get a nice day or three ;)

It is a bit quiet in here, alas facebook is the down turn over everything, forums, social interaction, humanity in general!

I have also done nothing to my car in a year and a bit because of the megane sport project but i will be updating my diary in the next few month! i have mot in just under a month too :)

Shame you had to get rid, car came up a treat! :car:
I have a Megane too Dave, albeit an old diesel one. £30 a year tax, 60 mpg, can't complain! Decent spec too and nearly all the electrics work and have done so for 2 years - bonus on a Renault! :lol:

Managed to wrestle my Nova through another MOT hooray!!

I suspect that the Astra will take more wrestling especially since the new MOT rules have come in. I think the sump oil leak alone will have it failing for environmental reasons. When I drive through a lovely woodland pass :car: mighty oaks at the side of the road wilt and shed a tear... :lol:

Are you back on the road yet Rick?

Haha I'm super glad I know an MOT tester, I think most of the new rules apply to newer cars, but indeed mine also leaks oil. And my EML doesn't work either.....

I'm very proud of the 3 lights on my dash that work as they have bulbs in :lol:

Well I took the courageous decision to... take the Astra off the road rather than try to get it through an MOT that it will definitely not pass lol :lol: so off the road for the winter during which time I will gather some goodies for it to replace all the broken shrapnel hanging off it.

Well I took the courageous decision to... take the Astra off the road rather than try to get it through an MOT that it will definitely not pass lol :lol: so off the road for the winter during which time I will gather some goodies for it to replace all the broken shrapnel hanging off it.
Deffo need a meet up with Benson and Hutch mate get some cracking photos :-)

Think my Mk3 is in Glasgow somewhere.... that's the last place I saw it for sale, guy traded it in for a diesel... still Mot'd and taxed last time I checked.

Think my Mk3 is in Glasgow somewhere.... that's the last place I saw it for sale, guy traded it in for a diesel... still Mot'd and taxed last time I checked.
Great to know it's still out there mate. What do you have now?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back