Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

BMW E91 325d Touring M-Sport

Here are 3 of the laps from the Ring I forgot about

Lap 1 (literally the first lap I did when I got to the ring)

Then 2 other laps -

Sadly the car is now up for sale..................

£6400 ono. I do have a for sale advert if anyone is interested.

12 miles a day currently isnt going to do the car any favours as its not getting warm on the journeys so time to let someone else enjoy it. :sad:

So updates -

Car was for sale & DPF went.

Removed it and mapped it out - the car was transformed much better on fuel and drove alot better, was alot smoother & felt like it would rev more free when you had to get a wiggle on. MPG improved a lot to!

Fast forward a few months did a long trip to Bristol / Bath area and fell in love with the car again. When I was in longleat the ques where pathetic and could of been avoided and the car got bloody hot. Stop start stop start it didnt like it, The same again a week or so later on the M56 in traffic & I had noticed a rumbling from the duel mass etc :( Last 2 weeks its got considerably bad and confirmed the rattling wasnt the pea in my head - its the Duel mass.

So Another massive job but hopefully this will be the last (touch wood and famous last words) Friday it goes in to be done. Along with this I am having the diff refurbished / replaced for a refurbished item as it has got a bit louder & also due a service I was about to do this myself but they might aswell do it with the bits I got as they use the same!

So in short I am going to be living on supernoodles and water for the next 6 months but at least it will all be done and should be fine to drive to Le Mans then rather than a ticking timebomb transmission wise.

Lucky you have your friendly BMW tech to hand lol.

Bad luck on the DMF and diff but it's just one of those things with modern cars sadly! At least you're getting it all sorted before your trip to Le Mans.

Worked out its at least £3k in the last 18 months.

Buy a BMW they said............ Its a good relaible car they said.....................

Wow that's bad. I've got all of this to look forward to as well :(

How many miles has yours done?

Wow that's bad. I've got all of this to look forward to as well :(

How many miles has yours done?
131k & yes along with chains snapping on yours :D

No chance that happening on mine, mines is the newer engine :p

sooooooooo BMW passed the MOT today :D about time it did something well :lol:

Currently trying to get the tracking and new track rod ends fitted

Diff was changed back end of september and perfect now no noise etc.

Been simple motoring ever since. I have noticed on extremely cold days that when it starts it chugs alot so need to look at replacing the glow plugs or glow plug unit.

I'll start with glow plugs as no record of them ever being changed but not a expensive or horrible job so not a problem.

Needs a service anyway now which I got over xmas from ECP offers so just need to do it when I can.

Still love the thing despite the rocky start

about £60 so not to bad

So not updated it for a while. Not much gone on really just got in and drove.

Went to Le Mans and back with in the mrs was brilliant and got over 50mpg fully loaded with a roof box then today passed the mot with ease

Attachments

• IMG_4944.JPG
    IMG_4944.JPG
    367.8 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_5735.JPG
    IMG_5735.JPG
    248 KB · Views: 4

Users who are viewing this thread

Back