Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

Bonnet bra for mk3

I've never understood these.

They're supposed to stop stone chips in the bonnet... yet they look hideous, and what about stone chips to the bumper? You can get these to fit the whole bumper as well and it looks even worse :doh:

has any body got one on there cars on this web site fourum if so they will have to put pics up on this thread so we can look and see the verdict

Here's a pic of one on rich1 GSi when he had it:

12012008113.jpg

i think they suit the euro look, but not ideal for the paintwork. like said above grit can form underneath them causing light scratches etc. would have to keep removing it to clean underneath.. or maybe put some sort of film on the bonnet underneath where these fit to protect it a bit ;)

There was a thread on these the other day saying they are cheaper buying them direct from germany.

I quite like them but as asaid before i no a few people who have had the and they have scratched the fook out of the bonnet.

i know im thinking about getting one but not sure dont really want to pay £65 for one if you can get them cheaper dose any one no any where else where u can get them less than that or other???? still need more pics putting on here with them on to be onist

VERY...VERY 80's didn't like them then dont like them now. if you run one long it will ruin your paint.

ive heard of them getting damp aswell holding water, I like them I'd only have one if I had a full front bumper one, I've seen a full one side wings the lot, that looks cool.

But like ya say each to there own..

Joker

to be honest there scratch **** out off ur bonnet mate off mine had one on his golf vr6 and with dust getting under the bra and the movement off it puts fine scratches in the bonnet i never understood these ither

they do move so scratch the bonnet.

Plus there not cheap from that shop - cheaper direct from germany

shrink wrap the front of the bonnet before fitting?

shrink wrap the front of the bonnet before fitting?

still move the shrink wrap therefore marking paint. Best option dont bother IMO

its a bit like a girl tarting up for the night then putting a bin liner over herself imo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back