Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

brake pads

Best answers
Reaction score
right wots the best pads to put in my 2ltr sport as the ones ive been useing are not very good get alot of brake fade even at slow speeds so i need to no wot the best ones are to put in thanks ppl

ive heard from a few mates that drive and one that does tarmac rally he uses ebc they do greenstuff pads for cars under 100bhp yellowstuff for cars over 100bhp and redstuff for high power and race cars and theyve all said they stop nicely and no fade on them

ive had the yellow and red and there crap i go through them in about 2 weeks im useing mintex ones at the mo but there only lasting about a month

i dunno mate its just what ive heard the lad with the rally car used to change them every other rally anyway but ive never used them just thought i pass the info on

Mintex would be my choice everyday... They do a range of different pads too. Mintex M1144 s are highly recommended

Green Stuff are also a good bet, although I have no experience of them.

As suggested EBC Greenstuff pads are a good bet, however How come you go through pads so quickly, unless you really rag the hell out of your brakes or you rally/race. I am using Ferodo pads for normal driving, and they have been on for probably comming up to a year, and dont need changing yet

my wife likes to drive with her foot across the brake pedal (makes her fill safe when driving **** nos how ) and i do rag tha ass out of it all the time just got to i drive it like im on a rally track all the time so i might try the higher range of the mintex ones and see how that works out as the ebc ones seem to run out quick

Maybe look at your disc's........Would have to drive bloody hard to get through a set of pads in a month. Maybe change your driving style?

i just got grooved discs and mintex high temp pads so ive been told that rally and race cars use them and thy last about three or 4 races so hoefully this will sortmy problem out

When i got my estate, it had new discs and pads but had to change them in june last year, i got some mintex pads and they have been grate so far, i did notice on the box they came in they were for a deawoo(?) but they fitted in propely and stop me on a penny (when my rear cylinders weren't leakin fluid)

If you're driving like that then it's no surprise your getting through pads so quick. So you have no reason to complain really, either fork out for brakes every month of stop driving like a ****

black diamond predators, all i use because theyre free

If you're driving like that then it's no surprise your getting through pads so quick. So you have no reason to complain really, either fork out for brakes every month of stop driving like a ****

well ill drive like a **** if i want to and im not moaning i was asking if ppl could recomend some pads so dont no where you got i was complaining from

Last edited:
black diamond predators, all i use because theyre free

somebody eles said about black diamonds but i cant seam to find them anywhere near me so im goin to do a search of the old world wide web and see wot i can find

Maybe upgrade to 288's? I use standard GM issued redrilled 288's and fade is not an issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back