Broken seat belt clip help needed

Reaction score
The drivers seat belt clip has broken in my car :doh: anyone know where i can find a cheap one or is anyone selling one. Is it a hard job to replace?

I have attached a picture although it doesn't really illustrate the problem that well

DSCF0633.jpg

Reaction score
Right get a really small flatblade screw driver and put it in where the two plastic covers meet and twist it to prize them apart be gentle tho as they are flimsy (can always pick another cover up from scrappies if you do break it). Once you have the cover off you should see the white locking clip which should be tensioned by a small spring, what happens is the spring comes off the little nipple and the latch doesnt lock in to the belt if you reseat the spring it should lock in again. Then just clip your covers back on. Worked for me anyway mine did the exact same thing.

Reaction score
Thanks tazzamerit worked a treat! :) . After a bit of swearing and a few cuts later i got the case off :lol:. Here are a few pics if anyone else has the issue

DSCF0636.jpg

DSCF0640.jpg
Spring back in position

DSCF0641.jpg
All done and case back on :)

Last edited:

Mr.Negative

Club Member
Reaction score
Nice one, never had one apart but know what to look for if I ever get the same problem....

Dont forget to use the thanks button btw (bottom left under the post you found helpful)

Reaction score
I've just had to do this repair on my car. I tried to carefully prise the old socket casing apart, but it ended up too trashed to reuse. I found the little spring inside had indeed jumped it's seating but sadly was too bent up so in the end the whole thing was u/s.
SeatBeltSocket03.JPGSeatBeltSocket01.JPGSeatBeltSocket02.JPG

I checked and the replacement socket and pretensioner units are available from Vauxhall but these are £££s. I could only find passenger ones on fleabay but Autoparts24 in Germany had one for £60 which got me sorted.
AstraSeatBeltRepair.JPGAstraSeatBeltRepair2.JPGAstraSeatBeltRepair3.JPGAstraSeatBeltRepair4.JPGAstraSeatBeltRepair5.JPG

Vauxhall updated the socket - the original part number 90359922 (drivers side) was replaced with 90442384.
I'd noticed that Vauxhall Green had the passenger side listed (90442383). Turns out they also have some of the repair kits too (9199753). They are a much better design but you need a bit of skill to fit them as the old socket pretensioner cable lug needs to be drilled out. A shear-bolt is used in the replacement. I'd say it's still best to remove the seat from the car to do the job properly. Care has to be taken with the pretensioner. You must make sure you fit that safety locking clip first!
SeatBeltSocketRepairKit01.JPG

Last edited:
Reaction score
Saw this triggered one rather optimistically for sale on the web. You can see the cable drawn in tight. Wouldn't want to get your fingers caught in that...
FiredBelt02.jpg

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)