Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

bulb out on mfd

Reaction score
hi guys ive a lil problem with my mfd, the bulb on the right doesnt work and i dunno y as ive tried a few leds and still nothing also ive made sure ive tried them turned 180 as they only work one way, now ive read on here somewhere that someone found what caused this and fixed it, now ive searched but couldnt find any info on it, so if anyone knows lol i'd be grateful

Reaction score
you will find that the plastic/electrical circuit that feeds the bulb is probably wrecked mate. Easiest fix would be getting another mfd from a scrappie, cost about a fiver when i replaced mine

Reaction score
or open the MFD and solder a new connection from the good bulb to the bad one.

thanks for that info lefthooker, i didnt have any solder so i pulled the leds apart and added a length of wire to each terminal and run it over to the same terminals on the bulb that was out, twisted them back in and pressed a button on the stalk and it lit up on both sides

1 fully lit MFD

any ideas what the little F is next to the time??

Reaction score
The little 'F' is normally down to the you having a aftermarket headunit fitted, removing the red/grey tracer wire from the back of the MFD will remove the 'F' from the display.

Users who are viewing this thread