Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

buying a house

good luck with it mate!!! wish I could get a house for that sorta money down here. might buy a shed if im lucky :laugh:

yes its hard mate,
did that 6 years ago with ex!!
worked flat out and saved ever penny we could for deposit and gettin bits for house!!!
wish i still had mine the stamp duty is the killer tho : - ( thats what hits ya!!
and bt connection charge etc!
just work out ya monthly bills and set up accounts when ya can!
its going to take while for ya before moving in ,but worth thinking about 8

good luck

slap

Best advice i can give you dude is,get used to paying the bills first before you spend all your money on cars:lol:

Its a massive wake up call when you move out of your mom and dads etc... so do like i did and be prepared!!

Oh and dont buy stuff on credit for the house,cos once the twelve months is up and the 0% is up you start paying through the nose and end up switching the balance to another card.:nod:

If i left my mrs to her own devices then she would spend,spend,spend and worry about paying for it later.:lol:

ive done the whole flat thing so kind of used to the bills thing but its just a lot of cash and debt to be walking around with

the house we have found is a one off its up for £112'500 we have just offered £108'000 they cam back with NO and we are making them wait and going to offer £110'000 to be honest its cheap at that price and we are lucky we found it

thanks for all the advice guys

Get a lodger in the spare room.

im in the same boat nige but my offer was refused :( still looking tho

expensive world but once ya been there,
ya don t want to move back : - (
house prices are mad at mo tho,i gave 115 for mine 5 odd years ago on plans now its up to 160k how do they expect people to afford houses like this ??

watch out for fixed ones with banks as like me when i sold it and broke the deal they charged me early repayment charges over 3,5k : - (

no how you feel bud just bought a house myself and with over £600 a month on a mortage its not cheap

Get a lodger in the spare room

i'd personally wait until summer/this winter to buy a house if you could.

heres a few tips that have worked for me and the mrs get a chest freezer do 1 major shop when you first move in our 1st shop was arround £300 then the weekly shop is basicly just topping up the shelves, fridge, freezer our weekly shop is around £40. dont be to proud/vain to except 2nd hand goods from family and friends try not to get in debt doing the house up all in 1 go we have done a room at a time when it comes to bills if for e.g. your montly out goings are £1000 put £600 each in to a joint account the extra £200 a month adds up in to the holiday fund or new sofa fund ect ect or like us this week getting our boiler fixed without worrying about where the moneys coming from also stops arguments about money dont be scared to diy carpentry, plumbing, electrics, plastering,floor laying and painting are all easy with abit of knoledge and common sense

heres a few tips that have worked for me and the mrs get a chest freezer do 1 major shop when you first move in our 1st shop was arround £300 then the weekly shop is basicly just topping up the shelves, fridge, freezer our weekly shop is around £40. dont be to proud/vain to except 2nd hand goods from family and friends try not to get in debt doing the house up all in 1 go we have done a room at a time when it comes to bills if for e.g. your montly out goings are £1000 put £600 each in to a joint account the extra £200 a month adds up in to the holiday fund or new sofa fund ect ect or like us this week getting our boiler fixed without worrying about where the moneys coming from also stops arguments about money dont be scared to diy carpentry, plumbing, electrics, plastering,floor laying and painting are all easy with abit of knoledge and common sense

i can do these so feel free with any questions

stamp duty on all mate!
mine was near a grand then,
i gave 115k for me house then just shows its still a good investment and ya got to have somewhere to live!!
better then renting FULL STOP!

we used to do monthy shops,see what deals and take them out of boxes into proper freezer bags,get fresh bread,veg salad,milk through the week but don t do what i did and get the milk men to deliver milk as costs wayyyyyyyyyyy to much and was throwin it away : - (

shop around for electric,water,gas as if ya use all the same ya get better deals,
i found doin d debit with them each month with over the normail price was better as we were always in credit and if we got stuck we could fall back on it,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back