Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

c18xe limits at 4500 rpm help please

Best answers
Reaction score
hi the light has come on in my c18xe gsi had it checked and showed rpm sensor so have changed crank sensor a hand full of times and have also changed the cam sensor but still showing rpm signal on plug in computer i am totally lost now and was hoping to make it to pod tomorrow and help will be great thanks.

Are you aware that there are 2 types of crank sensors? I fitted the wrong one to mine at first (nobody told me! lol) it fitted and looked the same but didnt work and then Vauxhall told me it was the wrong one for the year of the engine so could still be your crank sensor m8

the sensor i fitted mate had the same part number as the sensor i took out so would assume it would be the same?

The 2 crank sensors thing is only for the X20XEV, as they changed management from Simtec 56.1 to Simtec 56.5.

The C18XE(L) all had 56.1 so it's not a problem.

my bad... for some reason I thought you was on about the X20XEV :S whoops

Are you doing this test when the car is running?

If not, then the crank sensor will flag up... Code 31 i think?

Get your paperclip out, start the car, then do the test.

Apologies if this is what you have done.

my car did this, turned out to the the air flow meter, and like above do the test with the car running.. weirdly mine wont flash unless its running :S

we plugged it in mate didn't have to flash read it. it came back as rpm signal so tested wires from ecu plug down to the sensors and all was ok so then changed both sensors and still the same also checked knock sensor, air flow, injectors and wire harness and found nothing got to get ecu checked today or in the week to see if that is what's at fault

hi the light has come on in my c18xe gsi had it checked and showed rpm sensor so have changed crank sensor a hand full of times and have also changed the cam sensor but still showing rpm signal on plug in computer i am totally lost now and was hoping to make it to pod tomorrow and help will be great thanks.
Hey, I know this an old post, but did you ever solve this problem. I'm having Same issues on my c18xe now and Changed all the parts you have too

Sadly this is 14 years old and he hasnt been on the forum since Jul 15, 2014

Yes I know its old but just trying my luck as I'm stuck with mine doing the same and changed all the same things and still only reving to 4500rpm

Yes I know its old but just trying my luck as I'm stuck with mine doing the same and changed all the same things and still only reving to 4500rpm
Have you changed the airflow meter?

Time ago i have the same issue and the gap of spark plugs are too close,i replaced with new ones and the problem was solved (i have a c14se)

Is the cam shaft sensor ok? Timing correct? No broken key way or teeth missing anywhere?

Is the cam shaft sensor ok? Timing correct? No broken key way or teeth missing anywhere?
It's had a different cam shift sensor, 3 different crank shaft sensors, new plugs and leads, and coil pack. Even tried airflow metre. Not sure on teeth as the bore camera I used wasn't the best. Where's the keyway located

Users who are viewing this thread

Back