Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

c20let conversion

TAZ

Best answers
Reaction score
ive just got my hands on a let!,just engine/box no turbo or loom/ecu

just wondered wat turbo/ecu should i use?

just a road car mainly but maybe an occasional drag race!

also do i have to change the hubs to 5 stud?

thanks taz

no need to change hubs mate, if you have a 1.8/2.0 your 4 stud hubs will be fine as you will have big block front legs.

as for the turbo, if you can pick up a good stanard turbo that will be fine, mine has been good for 2 years now running 1 bar of boost

thanks for the reply

so standerd 2.0 hubs will do yeh ive been looking at standerd turbo's i think ile stick to that for now,
but in the near future im gona be looking for more power!

will a front mount intercooler give me any benifits running standerd?,ive heard it could cause lag,is this true? thanks taz

in theory having a front mount intercooler and longer boost pipe run would give you more lag as they would take longer for the turbo to pressurise but in reality with the amount of air an engine consumes every second you wont notice it ;),

also seeing as you have no standard intercooler or boost hoses in place, your going to have to buy some so you may aswell get a front mount one. may get a couple more ponies 2 ;)

just dont go too big cos the bigger you get the more it will obstruct air getting to the rad and you dont want to give yourself any over heating problems.

frontmount intercooler is the way forward mate, the standard one gets no cool air and the standard boost pipes suck flat, overall its alot better to have one, also as you want more power in the future its a must

yeh i was planning silicone hoses all round!

cheers for the help guys!

also wats the best calipers to use on it?

everythings standerd at the moment its a 1.7 td ex police car!

cheers

Go for solid boost pipes were you can mate. Silicone can still colaps under boost.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back