Calibra 2.0 turbo

Reaction score
As above thinking of a engine transfer and wondering on what i could do with this engine ie tuning any ideas welcome my list so far

Cams, lightweight pullys, lightweight flywheel, bored out cylinders, bigger forged pistons, lighter crank, remapped ecu, baileys bump valve, enclosed air filter,

wayne1

West Midlands Regional Co-Ordinator
Regional Co-Ordinator
Reaction score
have you got it then

Reaction score
Not yet just want to get a list of things i want added but standard engine fitted is 1500 so to tune it up a bit want to spend about 1500 on tuning it, hows the soft top

wayne1

West Midlands Regional Co-Ordinator
Regional Co-Ordinator
Reaction score
Not yet just want to get a list of things i want added but standard engine fitted is 1500 so to tune it up a bit want to spend about 1500 on tuning it, hows the soft top
in a bad way , the back end,s got loads of rust :hang:

Reaction score
1500 tuning a c20let doesnt get you alot mate.
c20xe inlet cam and vernier pulley
steel rods
arp rod bolts
steel headgasket
and maybe a remap and you wouldnt have much change from 1500 if your paying for the work doing and fitting.

scooby

Western Co'Ordinator
Reaction score
Dnt really need steel rods unless your running stupid power. My old nova turbo ran 320bhp for 2 years on std rods, headgasget and pistons

Id go bigger FMIC, Uprated actuator, arp bolts, evo chip, FPR and get it all set up on the RR. If you do it sensibly your prob have some chnage from the above

Reaction score
Dnt really need steel rods unless your running stupid power. My old nova turbo ran 320bhp for 2 years on std rods, headgasget and pistons

Id go bigger FMIC, Uprated actuator, arp bolts, evo chip, FPR and get it all set up on the RR. If you do it sensibly your prob have some chnage from the above
yeh thats not a bad spec but id recomend steel rods to anyone tuning a let. ive seen so many blocks let go when a rod gives up.

Reaction score
£1500 = 280-300bhp

Reaction score
yeh thats not a bad spec but id recomend steel rods to anyone tuning a let. ive seen so many blocks let go when a rod gives up.
I diss agree. The std rods work well and can see 350bhp with ease. Im not saying i wouldnt cange them. If you do change them then get some under piston oil squrters.

scooby

Western Co'Ordinator
Reaction score
Totally agree mate, specially the higher milage and not so well maintained engines. My lump was a recon vaux unit so prob why it never suffered any failure problems

Poss laughing gas (NOZ) too could be an option :heh:

Reaction score
Totally agree mate, specially the higher milage and not so well maintained engines. My lump was a recon vaux unit so prob why it never suffered any failure problems

Poss laughing gas (NOZ) too could be an option :heh:
id defo want steel ords and forged pistons for nos. ive just got my nos kit knocked together for mi van lol

Reaction score
Standard bottom end is good for 340. would not want to push any further.

steel rods and pistons £850 at least

and all rebuild parts add up as well. trust me. am doing it now. :lol:

worth every penny wen i burn a expensive porsh off. :lol:

Last edited:
Reaction score
all let's have seen a hard life, so a good looking at/rebuild is wer to start. mines going to get bored out for new pistons nxt week. so thats the route to go. (i think)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)