Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

calibra interior into a 3dr....

Reaction score
Ive been trying to find an interior for my 3dr sport, basically because my front seats have seen muuuuuuch better days, lmao
ive looked and looked and looked and generally getting frustrated now, i dont have a lot of money to spend and to be honest im quite fussy, its got to be mainly black and pref have matching door cards.....
but ive had not a lot of luck :sad: so i know a few people have put calibra interiors into their astras, what i want to know is how hard is it to get calibra front and rear seats to fit???? i mean is it a straight bolt on or does it take some gentle persuasion??
i ask coz i would have to fit it myself and when it comes to mechanically stuff i like to have a go but unfortunaly i only have about half a brain cell :wacko: so it makes life hard.... lmao :ph34r:

any info, suggestions free interiors :unsure: greatly appreciated.... lmao

Reaction score
have a look in the technical guides, i put a how to in there about a week ago ;)

if you know how to it - its a very easy job. once you've got 'instructions' it takes about 2 hours to do all the seats. if you've not got instructions expect to spend 2 weeks trying to make it fit (like i did !!)

you can make the doorcards fit but its ALOT of work (shortening the doorcards, moving all the mounting points, moving door handle locations in the door, and alot more i cant remember). my plan is to either use the leather off the cally doorcards and put it onto the astra cards, or buy a couple of skins and trim them.

if you need any help or got any questions on fitting it then PM me or email me and il help you out.

Dogsy

Reaction score
thanks massively for that, ive finally found an interior i really like the look of on ebay, but its a cally one, so will read ya how to guide an see if i can get it in me car..... failing that i got a big hammer an i aint afraid to use it.... lmao :D

Reaction score
mines a cally interior - there easier to fit than cav ones.

just make sure to get all the brackets for the rear seats (the 3 that screw onto the back of the seats, and the 1 'post' type bracket that screws onto the floor of the car and the rear seats screw onto it).

like i say - any problems let me know and il walk you through them.

if you can - get some pics of the back of your car with the seats out (but nothing else touched) and il mark out where to put the new brackets.

PS - woman with a big hammer - im hiding !!

Reaction score
thanks ive currently got mu eyes on 2 sets on ebay, i'll make sure i get brackets with em, and take some pics of my caar minus seats if i win the auction! :D
and im not that scarey with a hammer...... unless im left alone with sommat that wont fit..... and well then the inevitable happens.... i sulk an stamp my feet lmao

Reaction score
a woman who sulks and stamps her feet .......... :unsure: now theres a surprise hehe.

nice looking car by the way, lovin the yellow thing going on :thumbup: should get a flat eric (yellow 'thing' from levi ads) and sit him on your parcel shelf lmao

might have a gsi kit up for sale in the next few months aswell, will being going cheap ;)

Reaction score
lewism said:
pm me the links please as im after an interior too :)
er, no.... they're mine!! lmao

anh pm sent mate ;)

Reaction score
dogsy said:
a woman who sulks and stamps her feet .......... :unsure: now theres a surprise hehe.

nice looking car by the way, lovin the yellow thing going on :thumbup: should get a flat eric (yellow 'thing' from levi ads) and sit him on your parcel shelf lmao

might have a gsi kit up for sale in the next few months aswell, will being going cheap ;)

hehe .... im an angel really :unsure:

thanks i do like my car, and being yellow it gets its fair share of attention.... always good..... lmao :cool:

i just got a steinmetz (sp?) wanted a gsi one but could never get one so have just got a steinmetz splitter and skirts, still wouldnt mind a gsi rear bumper thou. :D

Reaction score
il let you know when i start stripping mine. gotta get the new shell and the rieger kit and wide arches first tho, and my bank balance isnt looking forward to that !!

Reaction score
all in good time people, all in good time. gotta get the house sorted first so i can release some cash (only need about £4k to sort the car)

Ben

Reaction score
dogsy, as you've put leather into an astra i though you'd be the best person to ask! you say you've got to drill some hole into the floorpan for the calibra brackets, well i don't like that idea - rust and all that - so wondered if epoxy resin would be good enough?

Reaction score
AstraBen said:
dogsy, as you've put leather into an astra i though you'd be the best person to ask! you say you've got to drill some hole into the floorpan for the calibra brackets, well i don't like that idea - rust and all that - so wondered if epoxy resin would be good enough?
If you look at my diaries, or the other thread for calibra interior into astra, you can see that I used pop rivets, its safe providing you are careful and personally I wouldnt think that resin would be strong enough in the event of a crash :)
Now resin AND pop rivets, well I wish I had thought of that one sooner :)

Reaction score
resin will not hold the seats at all. it wouldnt even hold them in position under normal circumstances, let alone in a crash. if you do crash and your seats arent fixed in properly - you WILL loose your head, the seat will come flying straight through at a speed roughly 3 times the speed you were doing and it will decapitate you.

rust isnt an issue as long as you put some paint around the edges of the holes you drill, normal touch up paint is fine.

Ben

Reaction score
dogsy said:
resin will not hold the seats at all. it wouldnt even hold them in position under normal circumstances, let alone in a crash. if you do crash and your seats arent fixed in properly - you WILL loose your head, the seat will come flying straight through at a speed roughly 3 times the speed you were doing and it will decapitate you.

rust isnt an issue as long as you put some paint around the edges of the holes you drill, normal touch up paint is fine.
excellent mate! just thought i'd check. cheers!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)