Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

Can I remove this pipe? How?

Best answers
Reaction score
2hozmhi.jpg

It's the one that goes to the airbox but it has 2 holes at the end and 1 underneath but it doesn't seem to budge?

is this on an x16xel, 1600 ecotec? if so the pipe goes all the way round the back of the inlet and is bolted with 2 bolts i think. the only good way of getting rid of it is to fit a power box. otherwise you will have to have a look at shortening it, this may result in you not being able to fit the airflow metre though so be carefull.

some other members may have a better idea or better suggestions though

Thats not a brill photo Space, try getting a wider shot,

That electrical connection in it looks like its supposed to be there though, however, get a wider shot with the pipe highlighted.

Also, what was it connected to in the first place??!

Thats not a brill photo Space, try getting a wider shot,

That electrical connection in it looks like its supposed to be there though, however, get a wider shot with the pipe highlighted.

Also, what was it connected to in the first place??!

Goes to the top of the airbox matey but it's got various holes underneath and by the end so want to replace it.

Could I cut it down as much as possible and replace it with a different pipe?

Ah so its the inlet hose??

I think that you have to take the top half of the inlet manifold off to get to it, the TB is on the right side of the engine (brilliant piece of Vauxhall Engineering!!) I cant remeber if it runs through the manifold to get to the other side or if it runs under it. have a look where it goes under or through.

Yeah if its come off the top of the air box then its the inlet hose, you need to get under the car with a torch (bonnet closed) to have a look see if there is any connections that you need to get undone..... either that or get a haynes

Users who are viewing this thread

Back