Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

cat by pass pipes

Reaction score
In total vauxhall they have cat by pass pipes for £60 does anyone know if this is worth getting on a C14NZ?

Reaction score
You can make your own cat bypass with an old piece of exhaust tubing. Just swap it back when it's MOT time.

Reaction score
can i do the same with my middle sliencer jst cut it off and fit a piece of exhaust tubing in its place?

Reaction score
Ive got an empty cat pipe on mine..... a friend cut it open, removed the inards and re welded it (at the top). :whistling
that way if mr plod does want to have a look he can see one! :thumbup:

only problem is i have to fit my proper one for 2 days a year...... :thumbdown

Reaction score
that is a very clever idea. What can the police do if you get caught without a cat pipe?

Reaction score
sean said:
that is a very clever idea. What can the police do if you get caught without a cat pipe?
nothing as far as i am aware..... just dont like to give them any ideas....

they see lack of cat......question emisions.....send you to MOT centre for testing.....shafting all round! with mine they dont even gove it a second thought!

makes a nice noise to!

Reaction score
sean said:
The police will provide back-up to the ministry of transport when conducting their roadside checks (where the police pull you in and the ministry people have a very thorough look over your motor), they check for everything including dodgy diesel to wether or not a cat should be, and if so is, fitted.
If you're unlucky they will impound your car.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)