Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

cavalier seats in a astra 5 door

Best answers
Reaction score
i have been offered a standard cavalier for nothing and as my astra interior is in bad condition. would the cavalier seats fit in to my astra

fronts will go straight in. thats as far as i got with my astra! not sure about the rears it looks to me like a little modification is needed but not sure what that consists of.

i didnt think o that one! big job?

i will soon give it a try and let you no how it turns out.. and maybe get some pics up

Think the Cav back seats are different sizes to the Astra ones, like the panels are split in a different place along the width of the whole back seat iirc

My leathers were from a cav and i had a right game with them, ended up bodging the seat backs in as the central mounting bracket was in the wrong place due to the different widths of the seat backs, and welding the seat bases to make them fit the Astra, including cutting the brackets from the Astra bases to weld them to the Cav bases

so its a case of cutting the astra brackets and welding them to the cav base plates. wont the astra base plates be a straight swap then?

They weren't when i fitted my Cav leather as the split is different, the 2 parts were different sizes. Basically what i did for the seat bases (as i'd just had enough and wanted them in) was weld the 2 parts of the Cav base together using a couple of strips as i wasnt fussed about having to lift the whole rear bench as one and it made things easier in the long run as due to the bases being a different shape on the underside they wouldn't have been as stable.
drilled out the welds for the brackets, measured up then welded 2 of the Astra base brackets to the Cav bases so it was only mounted using the 2 outer-most points, but it was more than solid enough.

The Cav bases didn't sit quite right on the Astra pan originally, but once all welded together you wouldn't have known unless you lifted the rear seats up.

Can't actually find the pics i took at the time, but Speedysam has my Astra now so he might be able to get pics if you PM him

Last edited:
its a 5 door mate and i would have no way of getting there to collect. cheers for the offer

Users who are viewing this thread

Back