Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

Central locking problem, headlight problem, radiator fan problem

Best answers
Reaction score
Right, time to start solving the annoying problems that are piling up.

1. Central locking: When unlocked from driver side the passenger side does not unlock. When locked from the driver side all go down, then all come straight back up again, but only 80% of the time. All locking done at the passenger side works fine. What is wrong and how do I fix it?

2. Headlights: I fitted brand new bulbs before I left for Ecuador three and a half months ago and noticed a problem. The bulbs work on side light and on main beam, but on the driver side when on full beam it just dims down to only sidelight. What's wrong there?

3. Radiator fan: doesn't work at all. I want to just wire it up to my dash, any advice on what wires to use? I have some 15A wire and a 15A switch, do I need anything more?

Thanks

1. Central locking: When unlocked from driver side the passenger side does not unlock. When locked from the driver side all go down, then all come straight back up again, but only 80% of the time. All locking done at the passenger side works fine. What is wrong and how do I fix it?

2. Headlights: I fitted brand new bulbs before I left for Ecuador three and a half months ago and noticed a problem. The bulbs work on side light and on main beam, but on the driver side when on full beam it just dims down to only sidelight. What's wrong there?

3. Radiator fan: doesn't work at all. I want to just wire it up to my dash, any advice on what wires to use? I have some 15A wire and a 15A switch, do I need anything more?

Thanks

1. Mine did something just like that a while ago, spray some Wd-40 or something in the plugs for the central locking, it may cure it.

2. Check your connections and earths

3. Firstly unplug the fan and give it a direct 12v feed off the battery. If it works buy a new rad fan switch (a couple of quid)

Thanks

the rad fan runs off 20 amps iirc so i would pick up some better stuff id stretch to 30 to be on the safe side as the wire will get really really hot if not man enough for the job

also have a look in your drivers door behind the doorcard if theres anything in there that looks like this :

Picture247.jpg

pop down to vauxhalls and get a new one as it should be a full circle (will cost about £8)
if not report back here back here

The dodgy headlight is a earth problem as said, ie it's got a **** earth, so is trying to earth itself from any other source.
I would sort the rad fan circuit/switch instead of having a seperate switch, if you don't notice then your HG pops, just not worth the hassle, especially as so easy to put right this simple circuit.
On the door locks I would say something is binding in the drivers side lock.
tabetha

Users who are viewing this thread

Back