Coolant pipe for 1995 1.7td

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a 1995 Isuzu diesel engine hatchback and I'm having no luck in sourcing a replacement coolant hose that runs from the expansion bottle to the engine. Part No. GM 90412657 (degassing hose).

A Vauxhall main dealer parts chap told me that I had the correct part number but that it was an obsolete part.

I've tried eBay, online breakers portals and some direct emails to hose suppliers or businesses that state they hoard old Vauxhall parts... No joy

Have even tried searching using Opel as the manufacturer.

As an alternative I've also tried asking for the internal diameter of the hose for both ends so that I can MacGyver my own replacement! (I don't want to remove the pipe to measure as it's leaking at the bottle end and don't want to risk compromising that end of the pipe until I can swap it out).

Your help & advice will be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

myastra

Club Member
Reaction score
If you have had no luck try a company called Car Builder. They are online. There catalogue is, as the name suggests is full of thousand of bits to build a car. Sure there is something there that would work.

Reaction score
If you have had no luck try a company called Car Builder. They are online. There catalogue is, as the name suggests is full of thousand of bits to build a car. Sure there is something there that would work.
Many thanks for your suggestion, I'm awaiting a reply from one possible source of help, if that fails I'll give Car Builder a go.

myastra

Club Member
Reaction score
Car builder solutions is worth a try. Having a similar issue with my modified Cortina as i need to replace my lower coolant hose from the radiator to the water pump. Its a modified hose so will be using CBS to provide the parts.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)