Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

couple of pics of my 2.3 turbo saab powerd astra van

Best answers
Reaction score
me in my new car

and modified hirsch intake pipe

engine is a modified saab 9000 engine and the van is standard all suspension etc is stock including subframe

has been on the road about 3 weeks now and have done about 300 miles running it in as i have rebuilt it using all genuine saab parts including,
bigend bearings
main bearings
piston rings
all bolts
all seals/gaskets
head rebuilt,valves resaeted,etc
timing chain and sprockets/guides tensioner etc
balancer chain removed
hydralic clutch conversion

has suprised a few cars on the road the most recent being a corsa vxr that thoght it was quick,then looked at my van as if to say what the **** is that,few more things to tho having coilovers,building a new custom gearbox so its good for the nurburgring

Last edited:
that looks awesome :) once niges done think i may have to go saab :)

wheels are 16" mate,i think im gona sell my let out of my vectr which is speced to 500bhp and put one of these in as i have 2 more of them,its just iv worked on them for 8 years and no them much better then a let and i can get bits easier as i work for a saab dealer

or to be honest i mite just get a saab as here much better cars then vauxhalls

whats the saab lumps set you back then compaired to a LET

depends on what engine,but nothing to me as i work there and can get them,alot more work then a let tho and more weight,and parts re more,id say it would cost some one the same to do as a let,mine was more then a let as i fully rebuilt it and paid 450 for a rad to be made so it would all fit properly without things sticking out the bumper

think i would upgrade the brakes but good work dude. loving the air intake under the bumper to lol

Good to see my old girls still going chap!
Hoikey i converted it to 5 stud with turbo brakes, so dont worry theyre not standard van brakes LOL

not sure yet mate as the vectra is up for sale and im selling the van if any1 is interested as i just cant seem to get through a single month these days with any money left,so il have to see what happens

Users who are viewing this thread

Back