Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

disconnection of battery makes alarm go off..lol

Best answers
Reaction score
Hi all,

I want to replace my battery with a higher amperage one due to my astra being an CDX, as it only as a 44ah one fitted but when i disconnect the negative terminal the alarm goes off..lol Is this normal? Do i need to de-activate something..?

Please help!!!

Lee

im guessing it's for if some one is trying to pinch it the alarm goes off

My old Omega Elite used to do this when the battery was disconnected. After a bit of research, it turns out that you have to turn the ignition on and off, then within 15 seconds disconnect the battery. The easiest way to do that I found was to undo the bolt through the negative battery clamp, before "deactivating" the alarm. With the negative clamp loose, turn the ignition on and off, then whip the negative lead off. The alarm should remain quiet

If not then just get a rag and cover the horn. (this is what I had to do when re-connecting my batt as my Clifford alarm always went off when re-connecting)

Just took a look in the drivers manual, and it says "If the vehicle's Battery is Disconnected e.g. for Maintenance work, the alarm siren must be deactivated as follows:- Switch the ignition on and then off, disconnect the vehicle's battery within 15 seconds.

To switch off alarm siren:

Switch ignition on and then off.

Or just shove a lead from a12v battery in the fag lighter socket with ignition on.
tabetha

Users who are viewing this thread

Back