Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

door card pic request please

Jen

Best answers
Reaction score
sorry if this is in the wrong place, I'm just making the thread quickly before I forget, again, lol.

my door cards are loose and if I shut the door too hard they come off in my hand nearly and the tweeter covers keep popping off.

anyone got any pictures of how they fit along the top? i.e looking down on them with the window open. do the just sit there or do they tuck into rubber. need pics of the gsi dcs not sure if others would be the same.

ill get pics when i get home for you Jen - ill take the tweeters off etc and get them

they sit on with plastic clips... clips slide onto the card and then pop into holes on the frame of the door... these clips can get damaged on removal of the cards...

You should be able to find loads of those clips in your local scrappy. You need some smaller ones for the tweeter covers though. There are two sizes.

well its piddling down Jen :lol: so will try when i can

lol, thanks for trying kev :)

Ive managed to get a whole load of clips for when I remove it to put it back on, the rear parts arnt on proper either as the previous owner stripped it out and broke the clips so only bodged putting it together again :doh:.

Its on kinda now, but it just doesn't seem to line up right so I was wondering how it actually sits. Its survived over a year and only came off in my hand twice, but its staritng to annoy me now, lol

its ok sorry didnt get them :(

44072f107e.jpg

Took that from my diary, you see the there are little circular holes around the sides and top (some with little white clips in them)? The clips keep the door cards secured to the door. Also, underneath the electric window switch on the passenger side (on the driver's side there is a little cover there instead) there is a screw. Chuck one on there for a quick half fix.

When you come to doing it properly, take the whole door card off (there are screws along the bottom (3) and a couple in the middle plus the one under the electric windows switch, just pull the bugger till it pops off and maneuver it around the lock) and secure the door card clips onto the door card. Then put the card back over the door lock and door handle, line up the clips with the little holes and punch it into place. Then screw it in.

Hope this helps!

Last edited:
This is a pic i have on my homepage ...

album1018009.gif

Yellow dots = clips
Green dots = screws

anyone got any pictures of how they fit along the top? i.e looking down on them with the window open. do the just sit there or do they tuck into rubber.

they just sit flush. Sounds like all your clips are bust and a few of the screws are missing.

Last edited:
I've got a tub of clips and have access to more as were breaking a mk3, I just wondered do they wedge into the rubber bit at the top where the glass goes, or does it just sit up against it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back